Chapter 4779-8 License Renewal
(A) Renewal applications:
At least one month prior to the license expiration date, the board shall send each licensee or temporary licensee a renewal notice by electronic mail or first class mail to the last known address. It is a licensee's responsibility to report any changes in contact information to the board. Failure to notify the board of any change in preferred mailing address or primary email contact address within thirty days of the change is a violation of this provision.
(B) License renewal:
On or before January thirty-first in the year following the issuance of the original license, and on or before the unique license expiration date for the holder of a temporary license who has not completed the requirements to be issued a full license and who has not already renewed the temporary license previously, each person holding a license to practice orthotics, prosthetics, or pedorthics shall apply for renewal in accordance with section 4779.20 of the Revised Code.
(1) Renewal applicants will be assessed a renewal penalty as provided for in rule 4779-12-01 of the Administrative Code for any renewal application submitted after the license expiration date.
(3) Any late renewal penalty fee shall be waived if the license holder or the license holder's spouse served in the armed forces of the United States or a reserve component of the armed forces of the United States, including the Ohio national guard or the national guard of any other state, and the service resulted in the holder's absence from this state or the holder was otherwise prevented from engaging in approved continuing education activities due to service or location. Such a waiver may not be granted if the service member or veteran was discharged under less than honorable conditions. A licensee requesting a waiver shall submit a statement and documentation as required by paragraph (B) of rule 4779-5-05 of the Administrative Code.
(C) Each licensee or temporary license holder who complies with the renewal requirements shall receive an electronic notification of license renewal containing license status and verification information. The board may provide a virtual, printable license card as generated by the state of Ohio "eLicense" database platform as an alternative to a hard copy card.
(D) A licensee who fails to renew in accordance with the schedule established under paragraphs (A) and (B) of this rule shall have the license placed on inactive status by the board. The board shall send a notice of inactive license status and the requirements for reinstatement by email to the primary email contact address most recently supplied by the licensee to all affected licensees.
(E) It is a violation of this rule for a licensee to continue to engage in the practice of orthotics, prosthetics, or pedorthics in Ohio for more than thirty days after license expiration. In such a case, a licensee may be subject to action under section 4779.99 of the Revised Code.
(F) An inactive license may be reinstated to active status by completing the following:
(1) A complete license reinstatement application; An applicant for a reinstated license in orthotics, prosthetics, pedorthics, or prosthetics-orthotics shall utilize the license reinstatement protocol provided for in the eLicense platform linked to the agency website at http://opp.ohio.gov. Any form referenced in this rule and available for download from the agency website shall not be used on or after December 1, 2016.
(2) If the license is inactive more than two years,the applicant may be required to document the following:
(b) Proof of current licensure in another state whose standards for licensure are at least equal to those in effect in the state of Ohio at the time of reinstatement application;
(c) Proof of completion of continuing education consistent with the standards provided for in section 4779.20 of the Revised Code and Chapter 4779-9 of the Administrative Code.
(3) Payment of the appropriate renewal fees and late fees in accordance with rule 4779-12-01 of the Administrative Code. The reinstatement fee shall not exceed the cost of a current year renewal plus the late renewal fee, unless a formal agreement between the agency and the licensee provides otherwise.
(G) A license issued in accordance with paragraph (F) of this rule will expire in accordance with the renewal schedule established for the license type.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 08/29/2016 and 01/15/2021
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4779.08
Rule Amplifies: 4779.15, 4779.20, 4779.23, 4779.24, 4779.99
Prior Effective Dates: 8/9/2002, 11/1/2008, 11/01/2010, 6/27/14