(1) Commission approved installation designs and details shall be acceptable alternatives for installations of used manufactured homes on private property or in manufactured home parks. Where an item is not mentioned specifically in a commission approved alternative design, that installation item or element shall meet the state of Ohio used manufactured home installation standards under Chapter 4781-6 of the Administrative Code. A foundation design method must be employed in its entirety. If an item or element is specified in the selected alternative design, that item or element or an equal or more stringent item or element shall be part of the installation. At the time of permit approval and prior to the installation, the alternative design must be selected and the authority having jurisdiction informed as to which installation foundation alternative design or method the installer seeks approval to use.
(2) In addition to the used manufactured home installation requirements of Chapter 4781. of the Revised Code, installations in a manufactured home park may have additional requirements pursuant to Chapter 4781-12-08 of the Administrative Code.
(3) Unless specifically indicated as appropriate for use within a one hundred year flood plain, these alternatives shall not be used in areas located within a one hundred year flood plain.
(B) Altenate method - manufactured home commission alternative foundation designs
The commission may approve and distribute alternative installation foundation designs when all of the following are met:
(1) The complete installation foundation design has been reviewed and recommended for approval by the commission's designated engineer, the commission subcommittee on foundations, and the commission;
(2) The installation foundation design shall not take the manufactured home out of compliance with the federal manufactured home construction and safety standards (MHCSS);
(3) The installation foundation design shall provide protection to residents of manufactured housing that equals or exceeds the protection provided by the used manufactured homes installation standards set forth in Chapter 4781-6 of the Administrative Code;
(4) The installation foundation design shall have broad applicability for use in a variety of locations throughout Ohio and provide for the MHCSS Ohio design loads and various Ohio soils conditions, and other design conditions throughout Ohio. The installation foundation design shall clearly specify any conditions, limitations, or requirements including site conditions specific to the designs; and
(5) The installation foundation design shall include the dimensions of footings; anchorage details including spacing and general specifications for anchors, and pier and blocking spacing requirements;
(6) The installation foundation design shall be prepared by an Ohio licensed professional architect or engineer who has agreed to release their copyright control over the installation foundation design for distribution by the commission as a public record; and
(7) The commission, or its designated engineer or its subcommittee may request additional drawings, details and/or structural calculations to be prepared and sealed by a licensed profession architect or engineer who has agreed to release their copyright control over the installation foundation design for distribution by the commission as a public record as supporting documents for the installation foundation design prior to approval by the commission.
Replaces: 4781-6- 2.11
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 4781-6-03.11