(A) The commission shall govern the issuance, revocation, and suspension of licenses to manufactured home installers. No person shall install a manufactured home in Ohio without having a valid license from the commission except as provided for under rule 4781-8-05 of the Administrative Code.
(B) An application shall be on a form the commission prescribes and shall provide the following information:
(1) A check or money order made payable to "Treasurer, State of Ohio," or by credit card (with additional convenience fee) in the amount set forth in paragraph (G) of this rule.
(2) Applicant's name and mailing address;
(3) Applicant's date of birth;
(4) A passport-size photograph with an original signature on the back, or a clear copy of a state drivers license or state identity card;
(5) A list of other states in which the applicant holds an installer's license and a copy of those licenses;
(6) A list of the five most recent manufactured homes or home components that the applicant has installed in Ohio, including the name, mailing address, and telephone number of the home owner;
(7) Three references from persons who are licensed installers, retailers, manufacturers, or manufactured home park operators, design professionals, or certified manufactured home inspectors familiar with the applicant's installation work experience and competency;
(8) A notarized statement from a supervisor, or another responsible person, attesting to the applicant's experience installing manufactured homes for at least one year, including the name, mailing address, and telephone number of the applicant's supervisor, or another responsible person on the most recent project;
(9) A certificate of completion demonstrating that the applicant has completed an installation training course approved by the commission within six months of the date of the application;
(11) Evidence of compliance with section 4123.35 of the Revised Code with respect to the payment of premiums for worker's compensation. Evidence may include a legible copy of the worker's compensation certificate with number visible;
(12) A statement regarding felony convictions;
(13) Evidence that the applicant or his or her employer has insurance or a surety bond covering the applicant and issued by a company authorized to do such business in Ohio. The policy shall have terms and conditions approved by the commission and shall contain the following provisions:
(a) Coverage in the form of a commission approved surety bond in the amount of twenty-five thousand dollars; or
(b) An installer may have an approved three hundred thousand dollar general liability policy if the applicant also has an approved ten thousand dollar surety policy; or
(c) General liability coverage in the amount of at least one million dollars.
(C) Incomplete applications shall be held open for six months following notification of incomplete requirements by regular mail, facsimile or email. After five months, a final notice of incomplete application shall be mailed by certified mail, return receipt requested. If at the end of the six month period the application remains incomplete, it shall be considered abandoned and the applicant shall be required to submit a new application, including any fees.
(D) Upon approval of an applicant, the commission shall prepare and provide each license holder a license identification card. No person shall make any alterations on a license identification card.
(1) The license shall contain the licensee's name, address, license number, date of expiration, and bear the signature of the commission chair and/or executive director and be affixed with the state seal of the commission. Official identification cards shall be proof of valid license and shall be made available upon request by any person at each installation.
(2) A lost, stolen or destroyed identification card or license shall be replaced by the commission upon receipt of:
(a) A signed statement from the licensee stating the facts associated with the loss, theft or destruction of the identification card or license; and
(b) A nonrefundable replacement fee as set forth in paragraph (G) of this rule.
(3) An identification card or license shall be reprinted by the commission due to a licensee's name change, as long as the original is returned to the commission along with a nonrefundable fee as set forth in paragraph (G) of this rule.
(4) A fee for any application for license renewal in an amount as set forth in paragraph (G) of this rule.
(E) No installer's license shall be transferred to another person.
(F) A manufactured home installer's license by operation of law expires two years after the date of issuance as it falls into the commission's prescribed renewal dates.
(1) The initial installer's license fee shall be two hundred and fifty dollars.
(2) The installer's license replacement fee shall be thirty dollars.
(3) The installer's renewal fee shall be two hundred fifty dollars.
(4) The installer's late renewal fee to be paid in addition to the renewal fee shall be one hundred dollars.
(5) Any online payment by credit card shall include an additional convenience fee as charged to the commission.