(A) If an applicant for an Ohio installer's license lives in a state with which Ohio has entered into a reciprocal licensing agreement, the commission may waive the testing and training requirements for a non-resident provided the applicant holds a valid manufactured homes installer license issued by a state with which the commission has entered into a reciprocal licensing agreement.
In such circumstance, the non-resident installer may apply for a license by submitting a commission approved application for a license by reciprocity to the commission which includes a copy of the applicant's current license and proof that the license is not under suspension or probation and has not been revoked, and shall be accompanied by a fee in the amount as set forth in rule 4781-8-01 of the Administrative Code. A non-resident installer application for licensure shall be reviewed by the commission.
(B) If an applicant for an Ohio installer's license lives in a state with which Ohio has not entered into a reciprocal licensing agreement, the commission, in its discretion, may issue an Ohio license to such non-resident applicant if:
(1) The applicant holds a license from a state which maintains licensure requirements considered by the commission to be comparable to those of the state of Ohio;
(2) The applicant has submitted a completed commission approved application form to the commission along with proof that the applicant's license has not been revoked and is not currently under suspension or any disciplinary sanctions ;
(3) The applicant pays a nonrefundable fee in the amount set forth in paragraphs
(G)(1) to (G)(4) of rule 4781-8-01 of the Administrative Code;
(4) Passed the installer's examination as set forth in rule 4781-8-07 of the Administrative Code; and
(5) Obtains approval of the commission to be licensed as an installer in Ohio.
(C) Applicants for Ohio licenses that do not live in states in which Ohio has a reciprocal licensing agreement, or live in states which the commission has determined do not have comparable licensing requirements, shall apply for an Ohio license in accordance with rule 4781-8-01 of the Administrative Code and shall be required to meet all of the criteria for licensing in Ohio.
(D) All non-resident installers shall notify the commission of any change in address or residency status. A licensed non-resident installer who establishes permanent residency in the state of Ohio shall, upon expiration of the non-resident license, be required to apply for a new license in accordance with rule 4781-8-01 of the Administrative Code.