(A) A licensee shall apply for renewal prior to the date of expiration of the license. A licensee who installs manufactured homes in Ohio after the license has expired shall be subject to the procedures and penalties as set forth in rule 4781-8-03 of the Administrative Code.
(B) The commission shall provide the licensee the renewal form. The notice and an accompanying renewal application shall be provided to the licensee by regular mail, facsimile or email to the licensee's address in the commission's records at least thirty days prior to the expiration of the license.
(C) The commission may renew the license if the licensee meets the following requirements:
(1) Submits the renewal form and the renewal fee, or late fee as set forth in paragraph (G) of rule 4781-8-01 of the Administrative Code, if any, prior to the license date of expiration or, for applications completed on-line, by midnight on or before the date of expiration or earlier with the renewal fee;
(2) Signs a statement regarding felony or other criminal convictions;
(3) Demonstrates compliance with the requirements of Chapter 4781. of the Revised Code and OMHC rules;
(5) Meets the commission's continuing education requirements.
(D) Late applications.
Any renewal application that is postmarked or completed on-line after the renewal deadline shall include the renewal fee and late fee, as set forth in paragraph (G) of rule 4781-8-01 of the Administrative Code.
(E) Each licensee who complies with the renewal requirements shall receive a new identification card and license or renewal stickers with a new expiration date.
(F) Failure to timely renew.
(1) A licensee who fails to renew in accordance with the commission rules after the renewal deadline, shall be automatically placed on lapsed status. If licensee fails to reactivate their license under lapsed status within twenty-four months, the licensee shall be required to reapply in accordance with rule 4781-8-01 of the Administrative Code including all applicable fees.
(2) "Good cause" waivers or extensions.
(a) The commission may extend the renewal period and may waive the late renewal fee in cases of certified illness, disability, military service, foreign residence, or for good cause that prevents timely renewal. Waivers or extensions of time shall be determined by the commission or its designee on a case-by-case basis.
(b) If the commission grants an extension of time for renewal, the license shall not be reissued until the licensee has completed the renewal process required by the commission.
(c) For the purpose of this rule, "good cause" means any non-reoccurring facts or circumstances outside the control of the licensee that hindered or prevented the licensee from renewing in a timely manner.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 4781-8-04