(A) An applicant to become a licensed manufactured home installer or certified manufactured home inspector shall contact and arrange with an approved state licensing examination provider for taking the examination. The applicant shall receive a passing score on the state exam within six months of the date of the application.
(B) The state licensing or certification examination shall include, but not be limited to:
(1) Ohio law governing manufactured home installations;
(2) Manufacturer installation manuals and requirements;
(3) Preparation of manufactured home site, including drainage;
(4) Installation of foundation systems, including calculation of loads from roof to column to footing and calculation of footing size;
(5) Blocking, perimeter support, and leveling of manufactured homes;
(6) Connections of sections and components;
(7) Installation of anchoring systems and components;
(8) Installation of vapor barriers, curtain walls, access and ventilation for crawl space areas;
(9) Instruction in all areas included on inspection checklists as provided by the commission;
(10) Work place safety for installers or inspectors; and
(11) Code of ethics for installers or code of ethics for inspectors, whichever is applicable.
(C) Examination report.
(1) The licensing or certification examination provider shall provide the commission with a report of all examination results within two weeks of the examination. The report shall contain the following:
(a) The date of the exam;
(b) The applicant's names and date of birth;
(c) The applicant's mailing address, and day time telephone number;
(d) All examination pass or fail results .
(2) The examination provider may notify the applicant of their own results of the examination, however, only the report sent directly to the commission shall be used to determine if the applicant has attained a passing score on the examination.
(D) A minimum score of seventy per cent on the examination, in addition to compliance with the requirements of rule 4781-9-01 of the Administrative Code is required before the commission may issue a license to an applicant. The commission or its designee shall notify any individual who has failed to attain a minimum score of seventy percent .
(E) The testing agency shall provide an examination under the following conditions:
(1) The examination shall be subject to review by the commission or its designee;
(2) The examination shall have documented statistically justifiable, objective and valid questions;
(3) The examination shall use multiple versions of the examination and its questions;
(4) The testing agency shall be able to ensure the security of the examination and its questions;
(5) The testing agency shall verify the identity of the individual taking the examination;
(6) The examination shall be multiple choice;
(7) The examination shall contain items from each of the subject areas discussed in the installation class requirements and the inspection check lists;
(8) Locations for examinations shall have seating availability such that any applicant who is an Ohio resident shall be able to take an exam at a location within one hundred miles of the applicants Ohio residence within a three month period; and
(9) Regardless of additional locations, examinations shall be offered in Franklin county a minimum of four times a year.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4781.04, 4781.07
Rule Amplifies: 4781.04, 4781.06, 4781.07 , 4781.10, 4781.11, 4781.14
Prior Effective Dates: 09/12/2006, 01/01/2010