(A) All continuing education instructors shall possess the ability to:
(1) Present instruction in a thorough, accurate, logical, orderly, and understandable manner;
(2) Use varied instructional techniques in addition to straight lecture, such as class discussion and role-playing; and
(3) Use instructional aids, such as computer-based slide shows, overhead projector, or the like to enhance learning.
(B) Instructors shall ensure that class sessions are started on time and are conducted for the full amount of time that is scheduled. Instructors shall also ensure that each continuing education course is taught according to the course outline and plan that was approved by the commission, including the furnishing of approved student materials.
(C) Instructors shall be knowledgeable in the area which they are teaching and meet one or more of the following:
(1) Five years experience in the industry as an installer, or in a management, supervisory, inspection or quality assurance capacity.
(2) A license, registration, or certification from a national certification agency or a state agency.
(3) A degree from an accredited educational institution.
(4) Other professional qualifications as approved by the commission or its designee.
(D) Continuing education credit for commission staff or instructors.
(1) Commission members or commission staff may receive continuing education credit for the number of unduplicated subject matter hours he or she instructs provided that the member does not receive compensation from the course sponsor.
(2) Commission members and its staff shall not receive compensation for teaching commission approved courses but the commission member or staff may have their expenses covered for travel, hotel and meals for the time period they are teaching a course.
(3) Course instructors may receive continuing education credit for the number of unduplicated subject matter hours he or she instructs.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates:
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 4781.04, 4781.07
Rule Amplifies: 4781.07, 4781.10, 4781.11, 4781.12, 4781.14
Prior Effective Dates: 09/15/2006, 01/01/2010