(A) Retention of records
(1) Unless otherwise specified in this chapter or in paragraph (A)(2) of this rule, the regulations governing the retention and preservation of electric utility records are set forth in the appendix to rule 4901:1-9-06 of the Administrative Code.
(2) Unless otherwise specified in this chapter, each electric utility shall maintain, for three years, records that are sufficient to demonstrate compliance with the rules of this chapter. Failure to retain records, as required by this rule, sufficient to demonstrate compliance with the rules of this chapter shall give rise to a rebuttable presumption to the contrary.
(3) If compliance with any rule in this chapter is determined on the basis of activities (such as inspection, testing, or maintenance) occurring over a period of two years or more, then the three-year record retention requirement shall be increased by the total number of years over which such activities are required to occur and shall apply to the compilation of records comprised of the activities required during the stated period.
(B) Access to records
(1) Each electric utility shall provide access to its records maintained in accordance with paragraph (A) of this rule to the staff upon request of the staff.
(2) Access to records and business activities includes such records and activities as would allow the staff to adequately monitor Ohio-specific customer calls made to the electric utility call center or a third party vendor hired by the electric utility.
(3) Access includes the ability of staff to adequately monitor the electric utility call center interactions with Ohio customers either at a location in Ohio or in a manner agreed to by the staff. Electric utilities shall provide access to monitor customer calls without the customer service representative's knowledge of the monitoring.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates:
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4905.22, 4905.04, 4928.06, 4928.11
Rule Amplifies: 4905.06, 4905.22, 4928.11
Prior Effective Dates: 7/1/99, 6/29/09