(A) The purpose of this chapter is to:
(1) Establish a uniform Ohio coal research and development cost recovery clause to be included in the schedules of gas and natural gas companies subject to the jurisdiction of the commission.
(2) Establish an Ohio coal research and development cost recovery process, which is designed to separate the cost of Ohio coal research and development projects from all other costs incurred by gas or natural gas companies.
(3) Provide for each gas or natural gas company's recovery of the cost of its includable Ohio coal research and development expenditures from its customers by means of the semiannual updated Ohio coal research and development rate and other provisions of this chapter.
(B) The provisions of this chapter also:
(1) Establish investigative procedures and proceedings, including periodic reports, audits, and hearings to examine the reasonableness and the arithmetic and accounting accuracies of the Ohio coal research and development costs reflected in each gas or natural gas company's cost recovery rate; and
(2) Review each gas or natural gas company's policies to the extent that those policies affect the Ohio coal research and development projects and the recovery of costs associated therewith.
Cite as Ohio Admin. Code 4901:1-12-02
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 09/01/2016 and 09/02/2021
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4905.304
Rule Amplifies: 1551.33, 1555.01, 4905.01, 4905.304
Prior Effective Dates: 5/5/1988, 10/10/11