(A) The rules contained in this chapter prescribe:
(1) Gas pipeline safety and drug and alcohol testing requirements to protect the public safety.
(2) Procedures for the staff to administer and enforce the pipeline safety code.
(B) This chapter also governs gas pipeline safety proceedings to:
(1) Investigate and determine an operator's compliance with the pipeline safety code.
(2) Investigate and determine whether an operator's intrastate gas pipeline facility is hazardous to human life or property, as provided in 49 U.S.C. 60112, as effective on the date referenced in paragraph (D) of this rule.
(3) Review settlement agreements and stipulations by the staff and the operator.
(4) Issue and enforce compliance orders.
(5) Issue emergency orders without notice or prior hearing when immediate action is needed to protect the public safety.
(6) Assess forfeitures.
(7) Direct the attorney general to seek enforcement of commission orders, including orders assessing forfeitures, and to seek appropriate remedies in court to protect the public safety.
(C) All operators shall comply with the rules of this chapter.
(D) Each citation contained with this chapter that is made to a section of the United States code or a regulation in the code of federal regulations is intended, and shall serve, to incorporate by reference the particular version of the cited matter that was effective on August 15, 2011.
(E) The commission may, upon an application or a motion filed by a party, waive any requirement of this chapter, other than a requirement mandated by statute, for good cause shown.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 09/30/2014
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4905.91
Rule Amplifies: 4905.90
Prior Effective Dates: 2/1/1991, 10/13/1994, 1/6/2005, 6/17/2006, 8/24/2007, 6/20/2008, 7/12/2010