(A) Each operator shall submit reports for each important addition of its intrastate gas pipeline facilities. As used in this rule, an "important addition" means construction or alteration of an operator's intrastate gas pipeline facility in a single project which involves an expenditure of either:
(1) More than five hundred thousand dollars.
(2) An amount which is more than ten per cent of the value of the operator's intrastate gas pipeline facility, provided such amount exceeds one hundred thousand dollars.
As used in this rule, a "single project" means the installation, construction, or alteration of a contiguous section of gas pipeline facility within a defined time-frame.
(B) Each operator shall submit three reports for each important addition on the form provided by the commission. Each report shall be submitted to the chief as follows:
(1) The first report not later than twenty-one days before construction work will start.
(2) The second report not later than seven days after construction work has started.
(3) The third report not later than seven days after construction work has been completed.
(C) Except for an operator of a master meter system, each operator shall submit a list of important additions completed during the preceding calendar year or state it did not complete important additions during the preceding calendar year on the annual report form provided by the commission. This annual report shall be submitted to the chief not later than March fifteenth of each year.
(D) In accordance with the training program requirements pursuant to the pipeline safety regulations, subpart N 49 C.F.R. 192.801 to 192.809, as effective on the date referenced in paragraph (D) of rule 4901:1-16-02 of the Administrative Code, distribution operators shall incorporate new construction, including riser installation, as a part of their operator qualification requirements.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 09/26/2014 and 09/26/2019
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4905.91
Rule Amplifies: 4905.91, 4905.93, 4905.94
Prior Effective Dates: 2/1/91, 10/13/94, 1/6/05, 6/17/06, 8/24/07, 6/20/08, 7/12/10, 3/28/14