(A) Each operator of a master meter system shall establish and maintain maps which identify its distribution pipeline system.
(B) Each operator of a master meter system shall file an annual report on its system on the form provided by the commission. This annual report shall be submitted to the chief not later than March fifteenth of each year. The form required by this rule shall be available at the commission's docketing division and electronically on the commission's website at http://www.puco.ohio.gov.
(C) Safety inspections.
(1) Unless otherwise provided in this paragraph, each operator of a master meter system shall conduct safety inspections as required by the pipeline safety code.
(2) The commission may direct or order a natural gas company which distributes gas to a master meter system to perform a safety inspection on that system when the public interest so requires, or when an operator of a master meter system:
(a) Has violated paragraph (B) or (C)(1) of this rule; or
(b) Requests an inspection.
The staff shall notify such natural gas company by letter and mail a copy of the notice to the operator of the master meter system. The letter shall specify the inspections, surveys, and testing required for the safety inspection of the master meter system.
(3) Each operator of a master meter system shall permit employees and agents of the natural gas company performing the safety inspection to review the operator's maps and records.
(4) Each natural gas company shall submit a report of its findings of the safety inspection to the chief within thirty days after the inspection.
(D) A natural gas company may terminate service to a master meter system or a gas pipeline facility within a master meter system, in compliance with divisions (G) and (H)(1) of section 4905.94 of the Revised Code, for the following unsafe conditions, gas leaks, and other safety hazards on that system or gas pipeline facility within that system:
(2) A fire or explosion near or at a gas pipeline facility.
(3) A gas pipeline facility damaged by a natural disaster, such as flooding, or by excavation activities near or at the gas pipeline facility.
(E) The natural gas company may recover all reasonable, actual expenses incurred for performing a safety inspection by direct billing the operator of the master meter system.
(1) Each natural gas company may file an application with the commission for approval of a schedule of rates and charges for its customers to recover the reasonable and actual expenses of:
(a) Performing safety inspections.
(b) Disconnecting and reconnecting service to a master meter system under this rule.
(2) A natural gas company may recover expenses under its tariff if:
(a) The company direct billed the operator of the master meter system.
(b) The company made a good faith effort and followed regular procedures in collecting the debt.
(c) The operator failed to pay the bill within ninety days.
(G) Nothing in this rule relieves an operator of a master meter system from complying with this chapter.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates:
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4905.91
Rule Amplifies: 4905.92 , 4905.93 , 4905.94
Prior Effective Dates: 2/1/91, 10/13/94, 1/6/05, 7/12/10, 3/28/14