(A) This rule governs service of:
(1) Notices of probable noncompliance, proposed compliance orders, proposed forfeitures and amendments thereto under rule 4901:1-16-09 of the Administrative Code.;
(2) Notices of hazardous facility and amendments thereto under rule 4901:1-16-10 of the Administrative Code.
(3) Gas pipeline safety investigative reports under rule 4901:1-16-12 of the Administrative Code.
(B) The staff shall make service upon an operator by certified United States mail, courier service, or personal service. Service is effective upon receipt by any employee, agent of, or person designated by the operator. Unless otherwise provided in this paragraph, service upon an operator shall be made at the address designated as the service address in the operator's most recent annual report to the chief.
(1) If the service address is not disclosed on the most recent annual report or has changed since the most recent annual report was submitted to the chief, service shall be made at any business address disclosed in documents or papers submitted by the operator to the commission.
(2) If the operator has not disclosed its service address or business address to the commission, service shall be made at any business address of the operator.
(C) If service under paragraph (B) of this rule is returned with an endorsement showing failure of delivery, or is not returned within twenty-one days, then service may be made by ordinary United States mail and is effective on the date of mailing.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 04/16/2010 and 09/30/2014
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4905.91
Rule Amplifies: 4905.91
Prior Effective Dates: 2/1/1991, 10/13/1994, 1/6/2005