The electric utility shall provide for the following public notice of the proposed transition plan in newspapers of general circulation in those municipal corporations and counties in their service territory.
(A) The public notice shall be published within fourteen days of the filing of the transition plan and shall include the publication of a summary of the electric utility's proposed transition plan (summarizing, at a minimum, the utility's proposed rate unbundling plan, corporate separation plan, operational support plan, employee assistance plan, consumer education plan, any application for receipt of transition revenues, any plan for independent operation of transmission facilities, and the shopping incentive proposal). The notice shall occupy no less than one-fourth of a standard newspaper page, with letters no less than ten point type, shall bear the heading "notice of electric utility's proposed restructuring plan" in bold letters no less than one-quarter inch high or thirty point type, and shall also contain the following information:
(1) The name and a brief description of the utility and its service territory;
(2) A list of sites (including addresses and telephone numbers) where copies of the proposed transition plan are available for public inspection;
(3) Instructions as to how one can review a copy of the utility's transition plan filing;
(4) A statement, including docket number, that an application for approval of a proposed transition plan is now pending before the public utilities commission of Ohio;
(5) A statement that the proposed transition plan could affect customer rates and could affect the developing electric competitive market; and
(6) A statement that interested persons may file with the public utilities commission of Ohio preliminary objections to the proposed transition plan, which shall identify with specificity issues and responses pertaining to any aspect of the proposed transition plan, within forty-five days of the filing of the transition plan. The date of the forty-five day deadline shall be identified.
(B) Affiliated electric utilities can fulfill the above publication requirement with one combined public notice, so long as any significant distinctions between the affiliated electric utilities' transition plan filings are separately and clearly identified in the public notice and the combined notice is published in newspapers of general circulation in those municipal corporations and counties in the service territory of all of the affiliated electric utilities.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 08/02/2004 and 11/30/2008
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4928.06
Rule Amplifies: 4928.31(B)
Prior Effective Dates: 3/10/00