Level 3 standard review procedure
(A) Level 3 standard review procedure shall use the determinations made in the scoping meeting and the interconnection studies defined in rule 4901:1-22-09 of the Administrative Code for technical analysis of the applicant's proposed distributed generation facility installation.
(B) Level 3 is applicable for systems that do not qualify for either level 1 or level 2 review procedures. In order for the application to be approved under the level 3 standard review procedure, the applicant's inverter-based or synchronous distributed generation facility, either individually or in the aggregate, must have a nameplate capacity of twenty megawatts or less, and the results of interconnecting the applicant's generating facility to a radial distribution circuit on the electric distribution utility's (EDU) distribution system must comply with any of the following applicable parameters:
(1) The distributed generation facility is less than two megawatts and is not certified or the distributed generation facility is less than two megawatts and non-inverter based.
(2) Known or posted transient stability limits to generating units located in the general electrical vicinity of the proposed point of common coupling require the proposed application to be subject to a level 3 standard review process.
(3) The application's failure to meet any criteria under level 2 for the expedited process requires the EDU to use the level 3 interconnection procedures.
(4) The application was considered but not approved under a level 2 review and the applicant is submitting a new interconnection request for consideration under a level 3 review procedure. The queue position assigned to the level 2 interconnection application in accordance with paragraph (C) of rule 4901:1-22-09 of the Administrative Code shall be retained.
(C) The EDU's tariff for level 3 standard review fees will include the following:
(1) An application fee of up to one hundred dollars, plus two dollars per kilowatt of the system's nameplate capacity.
(2) In addition to the level 3 standard review application fee, any or all of the following fees may be assessed by the EDU:
(a) The cost of engineering work done as part of any feasibility, system impact or facilities study, billed at actual cost.
(b) The actual cost of any modifications of the EDU's system that would otherwise not be done but for the applicant's interconnection request.
(D) Within five days after completion of the level 3 standard procedure including any applicable feasibility, system impact or facilities studies leading to the EDU's approval for interconnection of the applicant's proposed distributed generation facility installation and collection by the EDU of all the actual costs for the studies as billed to the applicant, the EDU shall provide the applicant with a standard interconnection agreement. The standard interconnection agreement shall be consistent with the uniform requirements for an interconnection agreement enumerated in rule 4901:1-22-10 of the Administrative Code, and a mutually agreed upon timetable for the physical interconnection of the applicant's proposed distributed generation facility to the EDU's system.
Replaces: part of 4901:1-22-04