(A) Upon customer request, a retail natural gas supplier or governmental aggregator (and/or its agent) shall timely provide the customer's payment history for services rendered by the retail natural gas supplier or governmental aggregator (up to twenty-four months) to the customer without charge.
(B) Other than for operation, maintenance, assignment and transfer of a customer's account, no retail natural gas supplier or governmental aggregator shall disclose a customer's account number without a customer's affirmative written or electronic authorization or pursuant to a court or commission order. No retail natural gas supplier or governmental aggregator shall disclose a social security number without first obtaining the signature of the customer on a release or pursuant to a court order. The release shall be on a separate piece of paper. The release shall be clearly identified on its face as a release of personal information and all text appearing on the release shall be in at least sixteen-point type. The following statement shall appear prominently on the release, just prior to the signature, in type darker and larger than the type in surrounding sentences: "I realize that, under the rules and regulations of the public utilities commission of Ohio, I may refuse to allow (name of the retail natural gas supplier or governmental aggregator) to release the information set forth above. By my signature, I freely give (name of the retail natural gas supplier or governmental aggregator) permission to release the information designated above." The information that the retail natural gas supplier or governmental aggregator seeks to release shall be specified on the form. Forms requiring a customer to circle or to check off preprinted types of information to be released may not be used. In addition, a customer's social security number shall not be used for any other purpose other than to perform a credit check.
(C) A natural gas company shall:
(1) Not disclose a customer's account number, without the customer's affirmative written or electronic authorization or pursuant to a court or commission order, except for purposes of commercial collection, percentage of income payment plan aggregation and governmental aggregation. In addition, a customer's social security number shall not be used for any other purpose other than to perform a credit check and for credit reporting and shall not be otherwise disclosed without the customer's written consent or pursuant to a court order.
(2) Upon request, timely provide a customer's usage history (twelve months) and payment history (twenty-four months) to the customer without charge.
(3) Provide generic customer and usage information, in a universal file format, to other retail natural gas suppliers on a comparable and nondiscriminatory.
(4) Provide customer-specific information to retail natural gas suppliers and governmental aggregators on a comparable and nondiscriminatory basis as prescribed in paragraph (C) of rule 4901:1-29-13 of the Administrative Code, unless the customer objects to the disclosure of such information.
(5) Prior to issuing any eligible-customer lists and at least four times per calendar year, provide all customers clear written notice, in billing statements or other communications, of their right to object to being included on such lists. Such notice shall include instructions for reporting such objection. This notice shall read as follows:
"We are required to include your name, address, and usage information on a list of eligible customers that is made available to other retail natural gas suppliers or governmental aggregators. If you do not wish to be included on this list, please call _________ or write ___________________, or complete the appropriate form on ________________ website".
(6) If a customer reports such objection as provided in paragraphs (C)(4) and (C)(5) of this rule, the natural gas company shall not release such information unless and until the customer affirmatively indicates that the information may be released.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 01/24/2007 and 11/30/2011
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4929.22
Rule Amplifies: 4929.22, 4905.04, 4905.05, 4905.06
Prior Effective Dates: 7/4/02