(A) At a minimum, the incumbent natural gas company tariff shall include provisions governing the relationship between the retail natural gas supplier and the governmental aggregator for competitive retail natural gas service. Such provisions shall address:
(1) Nomination and deliveries.
(2) Billing (between the incumbent natural gas company and the retail natural gas supplier or governmental aggregator).
(3) Customer billing (options, collection, application of customer payments).
(4) Measurement of delivered volume.
(5) Shrinkage and retainable factors.
(6) Customer enrollment process information exchange.
(7) Dispute resolution process (between the incumbent natural gas company and the retail natural gas supplier or governmental aggregator).
(8) Standard operating rules.
(9) Performance standards of the retail natural gas supplier or governmental aggregator.
(10) Creditworthiness and default security.
(11) Supplier agreement.
(12) A listing and description of all fees and charges assessed to retail natural gas suppliers or governmental aggregators.
(13) Service termination and disconnection (of end-user customer).
(14) Conditions and processes for returning customers to the incumbent natural gas company's commodity service.
(15) Customer enrollment and switching.
(16) Supplier proof of certification.
(B) A natural gas company shall execute a supplier agreement with each retail natural gas supplier and governmental aggregator to operate under the terms of the natural gas company's tariff. At a minimum, the supplier agreement shall include representations and warranties, indemnification, limitations on liability, default (breach), remedies, force majeure, commencement, and term.
(C) Natural gas companies shall make eligible-customer lists available to certified retail natural gas suppliers and governmental aggregators via electronic media. Such lists shall be updated quarterly and shall, at a minimum, contain customer name, service and mailing addresses, load profile reference category, meter read date or schedule, and historical consumption data for each of the most recent twelve months.
(D) Customers returning to the incumbent natural gas company.
(1) Any customer returning to the incumbent natural gas company's commodity service due to default, abandonment, slamming, or certification rescission of a retail natural gas supplier or governmental aggregator will not be liable for any costs associated with the switch.
(2) Any switching fee applicable to customers switching from one marketer to another marketer shall also apply to customers switching from a marketer to a natural gas company's applicable tariff service.
(3) Customers participating in an opt-out government aggregation program will not be charged a switching fee upon returning to a natural gas company's applicable tariff service due to either termination of the aggregation or the aggregator switching suppliers.
(4) Any customer returned to the incumbent natural gas company's
applicable tariff service shall pay the applicable rate while taking such service.
(5) Within two business days after confirming the validated electronic data file for a retail natural gas supplier's or governmental aggregator's customer drop request, the incumbent natural gas company shall mail the customer a notice stating both of the following:
(a) The incumbent natural gas company has received a request to drop the customer from competitive retail natural gas service or governmental aggregation with the named retail natural gas supplier or governmental aggregator.
(b) The retail natural gas supplier's or governmental aggregator's toll-free telephone number.
(E) Within three business days of notifying a retail natural gas supplier of a customer cancellation the incumbent natural gas company shall provide to the customer by mail a notice stating all of the following:
(1) The incumbent natural gas company has received the cancellation request from the customer and has notified the customer's retail natural gas supplier of the cancellation.
(2) The date the incumbent natural gas company received the cancellation.
(3) The incumbent natural gas company's toll-free telephone number.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 07/28/2014 and 07/28/2019
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4929.10, 4929.22
Rule Amplifies: 4929.22, 4929.26, 4929.27, 4905.04, 4905.05, 4905.06
Prior Effective Dates: 7/4/02, 4/13/07