(A) This chapter sets forth the requirements for the transportation of household goods which apply to all carriers of household goods regulated by the commission.
(B) Pursuant to its jurisdiction under Title 49 of the Revised Code, the commission may:
(1) The commission may, upon application or a motion filed by a party, waive any requirement of this chapter, other than a requirement mandated by statute for good cause shown, from which no waiver is permitted.
(2) As it deems necessary in any proceeding, prescribe different standards for the transportation of household goods.
(3) Monitor carrier's compliance with the provisions of this chapter.
(4) Pursue formal action, at any time, to alter or amend this chapter.
(5) Upon its own motion, a customer complaint, or upon application of any carrier, take appropriate steps to require the furnishing of any service(s), equipment, or facilities affecting service.
(C) Any tariff or contract provision inconsistent with this chapter shall be deemed, under this rule, inoperative and superseded by this chapter, unless and until the commission specifically orders otherwise.
(D) Nothing in this chapter shall relieve any carrier from providing adequate service or facilities as prescribed by the commission, or meeting any of its duties or responsibilities as prescribed by state or federal law.
(E) Each citation contained within this chapter that is made to the United States code of federal regulations is intended, and shall serve, to incorporate by reference the particular version of the cited matter that was effective on April 27, 2011.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 06/10/2011 and 05/31/2016
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4921.04, 4921.08, 4921.09 , 4921.10, 4921.38
Rule Amplifies: 4921.08, 4921.09 , 4921.10, 4921.38
Prior Effective Dates: 4/10/09