As used in this chapter:
(A) "Commission" means the public utilities commission of Ohio.
(B) "Consumer" means any person purchasing, delivering, storing, or transporting, or seeking to purchase, deliver, store, or transport, natural gas at a specified location, including industrial, commercial, and residential consumers, but not including gas suppliers.
(C) "Customer" means a person legally responsible to pay for gas or gas delivery services.
(D) "Energy emergency" means:
(1) The governor has filed a written declaration of an energy emergency pursuant to section 4935.03 of the Revised Code, having found that the health, safety, or welfare of the residents of this state or of one or more counties of this state is so imminently and substantially threatened by an energy shortage with regard to the supply of gas that immediate action of state government is necessary to prevent loss of life, protect the public health or safety, and prevent unnecessary or avoidable damage to property.
(2) Such written declaration is in effect and has not been terminated.
(E) "Fuel source advisory council" means the advisory group formed by the chairperson of the commission to monitor and advise the commission concerning fuel supply or energy shortages and related matters.
(F) "Gas" means natural gas, artificial or synthetic gas, or a mixture of those gases, liquefied natural gas, and petroleum gas.
(G) "Gas supplier" means:
(4) A gas or natural gas company that is owned or operated by a municipal corporation.
(6) A company in the business of delivering gas to end use consumers, including municipal gas companies and cooperative gas companies.
(H) "Nonpriority use" means all use of gas other than priority use.
(I) "Person" means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, state or federal agency, or association.
(J) "Priority use" means the minimum amount of gas necessary for protection of the public's health and safety, and for prevention of unnecessary or avoidable damage to:
(1) Residences (including, but not limited to, homes, apartments, nursing homes, institutions, and facilities for permanent residents or transients).
(3) Medical and human life-support systems and facilities.
(4) Electric power generating facilities and central heating plants serving the public.
(5) Telephone, radio, television, and newspaper facilities.
(6) Local and suburban transit systems and air terminal facilities.
(7) Police and firefighting facilities, emergency management and response facilities, military bases, federal facilities essential to national defense, and Ohio national guard facilities.
(8) Sanitary service facilities for collection, treatment, or disposal of community sewage.
(9) Production facilities for gas, propane, and petroleum fuels and fuel refineries.
(10) Pipeline transmission and distribution facilities for gas, propane, and petroleum fuels.
(11) Production, processing, distribution, and storage facilities for perishable medicines and medical supplies, dairy products, meat, fish, poultry, eggs, produce, grain, breads, and livestock and poultry feed.
(12) Buildings and facilities, limited to protecting the physical plant and structure, appurtenances, equipment, product inventories, raw materials, livestock, and other real or personal property.
(13) Water supply and pumping facilities.
(14) Coal mines and related facilities.
(15) Such other similar facilities as may be determined by the commission to be a priority use.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 08/20/2012 and 11/30/2016
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4935.03
Rule Amplifies: 4935.03
Prior Effective Dates: 6/24/78, 11/1/80, 7/2/84, 4/16/1987, 2/11/1994, 2/27/2010