(A) The parties to a commission proceeding shall include:
(1) Any person who files an application, petition, long-term forecast report, or complaint.
(2) Any public utility, railroad, or private motor carrier against whom a complaint is filed.
(3) Any public utility, railroad, or private motor carrier whose rates, charges, practices, policies, or actions are designated as the subject of a commission investigation.
(4) Any person granted leave to intervene under rule 4901-1-11 of the Administrative Code.
(5) Any municipal corporation which has enacted an ordinance which is subsequently challenged in a complaint filed under section 4909.34 of the Revised Code.
(6) Any person cited for failure to maintain liability insurance as required by section 4921.11 or 4923.08 of the Revised Code.
(7) Any other person expressly made a party by order of the commission.
(B) If any public utility, railroad, or private motor carrier referred to in paragraph (A)(2) or (A)(3) of this rule is operated by a receiver or trustee, the receiver or trustee shall also be made a party.
(C) Except for purposes of rules 4901-1-02, 4901-1-03, 4901-1-04, 4901-1-05, 4901-1-06, 4901-1-07, 4901-1-12, 4901-1-13, 4901-1-15, 4901-1-18, 4901-1-26, 4901-1-30, 4901-1-31, 4901-1-32, 4901-1-33, and 4901-1-34 of the Administrative Code, the commission staff shall not be considered a party to any proceeding.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 02/20/2007 and 09/30/2010
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4901.13
Rule Amplifies: 4901.13, 4903.221, 4935.04(G)
Prior Effective Dates: 3/1/81, 12/25/87