(A) At least sixty days after the filing of each audit report required under paragraph (C) of rule 4901:1-14-07 of the Administrative Code, the commission shall hold a public hearing to review:
(1) The audit findings, conclusions, and recommendations; and
(2) Such other matters relating to the gas or natural gas company's gas cost recovery rates as the commission considers appropriate.
(B) The gas or natural gas company shall demonstrate at its purchased gas adjustment hearing that its gas cost recovery rates were fair, just, and reasonable and that its gas purchasing practices and policies promote minimum prices consistent with an adequate supply of gas. The commission shall consider, to the extent applicable:
(1) The results of the management/performance audit;
(2) The results of the financial audit;
(3) Compliance by the gas or natural gas company with previous commission performance recommendations;
(4) The efficiency of the gas or natural gas company's gas production policies and practices; and
(5) Such other practices, policies, or factors as the commission considers appropriate.
(C) The gas or natural gas company shall publish notice of the hearing required under paragraph (A) of this rule throughout its service area at least fifteen and not more than thirty days prior to the scheduled date of hearing by:
(1) Display ad in a newspaper or newspapers of general circulation;
(2) Bill message on or bill insert included with the customer bills; or
(3) Separate direct mailing to customers.
(D) At least sixty days prior to the scheduled date of hearing, the gas or natural gas company shall file such facts, data, or information relating to its gas cost recovery rates as the commission requires.
(E) Following the conclusion of the hearing, the commission shall issue an appropriate order containing:
(1) A summary of the audit findings, conclusions, and recommendations; and
(2) Such other information or directives as the commission considers appropriate.
(F) The commission may adjust the company's future gas cost recovery rates by means of a reconciliation adjustment as a result of:
(1) Errors or erroneous reporting;
(2) Unreasonable or imprudent gas production or purchasing policies or practices;
(3) Unaccounted-for gas above a reasonable level. It shall be presumed that unaccounted-for gas above five per cent, calculated pursuant to paragraph (CC) of rule 4901:1-14-01 of the Administrative Code, is unreasonable, and the burden shall be on the company to prove otherwise; or
(4) Such other factors, policies, or practices as the commission considers appropriate.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 12/01/2008 and 11/30/2013
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4905.302
Rule Amplifies: 4905.302
Prior Effective Dates: 8/29/04, 2/11/94, 10/11/91, 5/20/88, 11/14/85, 10/21/78