(A) The rules and regulations contained in this chapter govern the furnishing of water and sewage disposal service and facilities to the public by waterworks companies and/or sewage disposal system companies subject to the jurisdiction of the public utilities commission of Ohio.
(B) Nothing contained in this chapter shall in any way preclude the commission from any of the following:
(1) Pursue formal action, at anytime, to alter or amend this chapter.
(2) Prescribing different standards for the rendering of water service and/or sewage disposal service as deemed necessary by the commission in any proceeding.
(3) The commission may, upon an application or a motion filed by a party, waive any requirement of this chapter, other than a requirement mandated by statute, for good cause shown.
(C) Nothing contained in this chapter shall in any way preclude the commission from requiring the furnishing of any other or additional service(s), equipment, or facilities affecting water and/or sewage disposal service upon any of the following:
(1) The commission's own motion.
(2) A consumer complaint.
(3) An application by any waterworks company and/or sewage disposal system company.
(D) If unreasonable hardship to a waterworks company, and/or sewage disposal system company, or to a customer results from the imposition of any rule in this chapter, an application may be made to the commission for either of the following:
(1) The modification of any rule(s).
(2) The temporary or permanent waiver from any rule(s).
(E) Nothing contained in this chapter shall relieve any waterworks company and/or sewage disposal system company from either of the following:
(1) Providing adequate service and facilities as prescribed by the commission.
(2) Meeting any of its duties or responsibilities as prescribed by these rules or by the laws of the state of Ohio.
(F) Failure by a waterworks company and/or sewage disposal system company subject to the jurisdiction of the commission to meet any of its duties and responsibilities as prescribed by these rules in this chapter or by the laws of the state of Ohio does not in and of itself constitute inadequate service on the part of the waterworks company and/or sewage disposal system company without a commission finding of inadequate service.
(G) Unless otherwise directed by the commission, all reports shall be filed using such forms as may be posted on the commission's web site. Such forms may be changed without further commission entry and each reporting person should check the commission's web site to obtain the current forms before filing a report.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 08/03/2012 and 05/31/2017
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4905.04
Rule Amplifies: 4905.06
Prior Effective Dates: 2/3/77, 12/12/91, 3/24/03, 4/6/06, 8/22/08