(A) A waterworks company and/or sewage disposal system company shall reconnect previously disconnected service, unless prevented by circumstances beyond the company's control, or unless a customer requests otherwise, by the close of the following regular company business day after any of the following:
(1) Receipt by the company of the full amount of arrears for which service was disconnected, including any required deposit or reconnection charge.
(2) The elimination of conditions that warranted disconnection of service.
(3) Agreement by the company and the customer on a deferred payment plan and a payment, if required under the plan.
(B) If service is discontinued and the customer wishes to guarantee the reinstatement of service the same day on which payment is rendered, both of the following conditions apply:
(1) If reinstatement of service is requested the same day, the customer must notify the company no later than twelve thirty p.m., and the customer must make payment in the company's business office or provide proof of payment.
(2) The company may require that the customer sign an agreement to pay the company's incurred costs for reinstatement of service if it occurs after normal company business hours. This fee shall be collected at the time reinstatement of service arrangements are made or rendered with the customer's next billing at the company's discretion.
(C) If a guarantor is required in order to reestablish service, the guarantor must sign an acknowledgement of willingness to accept the responsibility for payment of the customer's bill in case of the customer's default.
(D) A waterworks company and/or sewage disposal system company may not insist upon payment of any current bill, excluding any reconnection charge, before restoring service under this rule unless that bill is more than fourteen days past due.