(A) Notice of intent.
The applicant shall notify the commission staff by letter addressed to the directors of the utilities department and the service monitoring and enforcement department of its intent to file an application at least thirty calendar days prior to the expected date of filing.
(B) Form of an application:
(1) All testimony and exhibits supporting the application shall be filed with the application.
(2) The applicant shall provide a copy of its application and supporting testimony to the office of the consumers' counsel and each party of record in its previous alternative rate plan or rate case proceeding. Such copies may be provided either in hard copy or by electronic service. The applicant shall keep at least one copy of the application at the applicant's principal business office in Ohio and on its web page for public inspection.
(3) The applicant shall provide or cause to be provided a copy of the application to any person upon request.
(4) An exemption application shall be designated by the commission's docketing division using the acronym EXM.
(C) Exhibits to an exemption application.
(1) The applicant shall provide a detailed description of each commodity sales service(s) and/or ancillary service(s) for which the applicant is requesting an exemption.
(2) If the applicant is proposing to implement an auction for provision of default commodity sales service, the applicant shall provide a detailed description of how the proposed auction may or may not be consistent with previous commission orders considering exemption applications as well as best industry practices.
(3) The applicant shall fully demonstrate that it is in substantial compliance with the policy of this state specified in section 4929.02 of the Revised Code. The applicant shall also include a detailed discussion as to how the approval of the proposed exemption(s) will promote such policy.
(4) The applicant shall provide a discussion showing that the requested exemption(s) does not involve undue discrimination for similarly situated customers. The applicant shall provide a description of the internal process for addressing customer complaints and inquiries. The applicant shall also include the name of a contact person to work with the commission staff. This person shall have the authority to resolve customer complaints and inquiries received by commission staff. The applicant shall also provide clear and accurate, written materials related to service and product offerings which promote effective customer choice and the provision of adequate customer service.
(5) The applicant shall include a detailed discussion of why the applicant believes it is currently subject to effective competition in the provision of each commodity sales service or ancillary service for which it is requesting an exemption and/or a detailed discussion of why the applicant believes the customers in the relevant market currently have reasonably available alternatives to each commodity sales service or ancillary service for which it is requesting an exemption. Detailed discussions shall include all supporting documentation which shall include empirical data.
(6) The applicant shall submit a proposed separation plan to ensure to the maximum extent practicable that operations, resources, and employees involved in providing marketing or exempt commodity sales services or ancillary services are operated and accounted for separate from nonexempt operations. The applicant shall provide a detailed discussion of its proposed separation plan.
(7) The applicant shall submit a proposed code of conduct which governs both the applicant's adherence to the state policy specified in sections 4905.32 and 4929.02 of the Revised Code, and its sharing of information and resources between those employees involved in the provision or marketing of exempt commodity sales services or ancillary services, and those employees involved in the provisioning or marketing of nonexempt commodity sales services or ancillary services.
(8) The applicant shall provide one scored copy each of all proposed tariff schedules where applicable (schedule E-1) which have all proposed changes underscored and current tariff schedules to which changes are proposed (schedule E-2). Identify each page with "schedule E-__, page __ of __" in the upper right hand corner of the schedule.
(9) The applicant shall provide the rationale underlying the proposed changes to the tariff (schedule E-3). Changes common to multiple rate forms need only be discussed once. Reference the appropriate current or proposed rate schedules to which the rationale is applicable. Use the proper schedule and page number.
(10) The applicant shall provide a list and description of all dockets in which there are special arrangements with customers that involve natural gas commodity service, which customers may be affected by the application.