(A) Competitive retail electric service (CRES) providers shall not engage in unfair, misleading, deceptive, or unconscionable acts or practices related to, without limitation, the following activities:
(1) Marketing, solicitation, or sale of a CRES.
(2) Administration of contracts for CRES.
(3) Provision of CRES, including interactions with consumers.
(B) CRES providers shall not cause or arrange for the disconnection of distribution service, or employ the threat of such actions, as a consequence of contract termination, customer nonpayment, or for any other reason.
(C) CRES providers shall not change or authorize the changing of a customer's supplier of retail electric service without the customer's prior consent, as provided for under rule 4901:1-21-06 of the Administrative Code. For the purpose of procuring CRES, this requirement does not apply to governmental aggregation pursuant to division of section 4928.10 of the Revised Code, or for programs funded by the universal service fund for whom the Ohio department of development procures electric services pursuant to section 4928.52 of the Revised Code or the assignment of contracts where such assignment occurs in accordance with the rules in Chapter 4901:1-24 of the Administrative Code.
(D) For the purposes of market monitoring and providing the public comparative information from CRES providers' residential standard contract offers, CRES providers shall furnish to the director of the service monitoring and enforcement department or the director's designee the following information, transmitted by e-mail or facsimile within four calendar days of making such offers to Ohio customers:
(1) For fixed-rate contracts, the price per kilowatt hour for generation service.
(2) For variable-rate contracts, an explanation of the factors that will cause the price to vary, and the frequency of such variation.
(3) For all standard contracts, a listing of any recurring and nonrecurring charges not provided under paragraphs (D)(1) and (D)(2) of this rule, and a statement of the length of contract term.
(4) Other information as the staff may deem necessary.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/26/2008 and 09/30/2012
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4928.06 , 4928.10
Rule Amplifies: 4928.10
Prior Effective Dates: 9/18/00, 1/1/04