(A) Each competitive retail electric service (CRES) provider must establish reasonable and nondiscriminatory creditworthiness standards and may require a deposit or other reasonable demonstration of creditworthiness from a customer as a condition of providing service.
(B) In the application of such standards, deposits, or creditworthiness procedures, the CRES provider shall:
(1) Disclose in service contracts with customers its policies regarding creditworthiness and deposits, including the amount of any deposit, the allocation of the deposit, and the return of any deposit balance.
(2) Accept a reasonable and nondiscriminatory cash deposit as sufficient evidence of the customer's creditworthiness to initiate service.
(3) Disclose whether interest will be paid on deposits, and the applicable rate of interest.
(4) Provide the customer a receipt for any deposit within fourteen calendar days of the date that the deposit is collected.
(5) Return the deposit within ten calendar days if the customer cancels the contract during the rescission period.
(6) Apply the deposit to the final bill and promptly refund any excess to the customer when service is terminated.
(7) Not require an applicant to pay the balance due another CRES provider as a condition of establishing credit or providing competitive retail electric service.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/26/2008 and 09/30/2012
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4928.06 , 4928.10
Rule Amplifies: 4928.10
Prior Effective Dates: 9/18/00, 1/1/04