(A) The rules contained in this chapter prescribe procedures for staff of the public utilities commission of Ohio to administer and enforce the electric reliability, customer service, and safety code set forth in Chapters 4901:1-21 and/or 4901:1-10 of the Administrative Code and commission orders issued thereunder.
(B) This chapter also governs customer service, reliability, and safety proceedings of the public utilities commission of Ohio to:
(1) Investigate and determine an electric utility's or competitive retail electric service provider's compliance with Chapters 4901:1-21 and/or 4901:1-10 of the Administrative Code and commission orders issued thereunder.
(2) Review settlement agreements and approve stipulations by the staff and the electric utility or competitive retail electric service provider.
(3) Issue and enforce compliance orders.
(4) Assess forfeitures.
(5) Direct the attorney general to seek enforcement of commission orders, including orders authorizing forfeitures, and appropriate remedies in court to protect the public safety, reliability, and customer service.
(C) As used in this chapter:
(1) "Commission" means the public utilities commission of Ohio.
(4) "Staff" means the commission staff or its authorized representative.
(D) The commission may, upon an application or a motion filed by a party, waive any requirement of this chapter, other than a requirement mandated by statute, for good cause shown.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates:
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4928.09, 4905.04, 4905.06, 4928.08, 4928.10, 4928.11, 4928.16 Rule Amplifies: 4928.16
Prior Effective Dates: 9/18/00, 6/29/09