(A) This rule applies to:
(1) Every for-hire motor carrier operating solely in intrastate commerce; and
(2) Every for-hire motor carrier engaged in the transportation of household goods holding a certificate granted pursuant to this chapter.
(B) Every for-hire motor carrier identified in paragraph (A) of this rule shall, annually between the first day of May and the thirtieth day of June, update its information relative to its certificate by submitting a complete and accurate annual update form that is substantially the same as the application form prescribed under rule 4901:2-21-03 of the Administrative Code. The annual update form may change from time-to-time without further commission entry. Staff will maintain, and post on the commission's website, the most recent version of the annual update form to provide to applicants.
(C) Following receipt of a completed annual update form, the staff shall issue tax receipts, provided that the for-hire motor carrier:
(1) Has properly filed proof of insurance with the staff, pursuant to Chapter 4901:2-13 of the Administrative Code; and
(2) Has paid all applicable taxes and fees calculated in accordance with section 4921.19 of the Revised Code; and
(3) Is not in default on any civil forfeiture imposed pursuant to section 4923.99 of the Revised Code.
(D) If the staff denies issuance of tax receipts for failure of the for-hire motor carrier to meet the requirements of paragraph (C) of this rule, the for-hire motor carrier may file a petition and request for hearing with the commission for the issuance of tax receipts.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 07/18/2018
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4905.81, 4921.13
Rule Amplifies: 4921.03, 4921.09, 4921.19, 4921.13
Prior Effective Dates: 12/16/94, 4/13/95