As used in this chapter:
(A) "Commission" means the public utilities commission of Ohio.
(B) "Consumer" means a person who consumes electric energy.
(C) "Electric power producer" means a person, municipality, or governmental or political subdivision, located in this state and engaged in the business of generating electricity for lighting, heat, or power purposes.
(D) "Electric provider" means any:
(1) Electric distribution utility, as defined in division (A) of section 4928.01 of the Revised Code.
(2) Municipal electric utility, as defined in division (A) of section 4928.01 of the Revised Code.
(3) Electric cooperative, as defined in division (A) of section 4928.01 of the Revised Code.
(E) "Energy emergency" means:
(1) The governor has filed a written declaration of an energy emergency pursuant to section 4935.03 of the Revised Code, having found that the health, safety, or welfare of the residents of this state or of one or more counties of this state is so imminently and substantially threatened by an energy shortage with regard to the supply of fuel for electric power generation that immediate action of state government is necessary to prevent loss of life, protect the public health or safety, and prevent unnecessary or avoidable damage to property.
(2) Such written declaration is in effect and has not been terminated.
(F) "Fuel source advisory council" means the advisory group formed by the chairperson of the commission to monitor and advise the commission concerning fuel supply or energy shortages and related matters.
(G) "Nonpriority use" means all use of electricity other than priority use.
(H) "Normal usage" means electric energy consumption during the comparable period during the previous year, adjusted for weather or other major changes in usage.
(I) "Person" means an individual, corporation, business trust, estate, trust, partnership, state or federal agency, or association.
(J) "Priority use" means the minimum amount of electric energy necessary for protection of the public's health and safety, and for prevention of unnecessary or avoidable damage to:
(1) Residences (including, but not limited to, homes, apartments, nursing homes, institutions, and facilities for permanent residents or transients).
(3) Medical and human life-support systems and facilities.
(4) Electric power generating facilities and central heating plants serving the public.
(5) Telephone, radio, television, and newspaper facilities.
(6) Local and suburban transit systems and air terminal facilities.
(7) Police and firefighting facilities, emergency management and response facilities, military bases, federal facilities essential to national defense, and Ohio national guard facilities.
(8) Water supply and pumping facilities.
(9) Sanitary service facilities for collection, treatment, or disposal of community sewage.
(10) Production facilities for natural gas, artificial or synthetic gas, propane, and petroleum fuels, and fuel refineries .
(11) Pipeline transmission and distribution facilities for natural gas, artificial or synthetic gas, propane, and petroleum fuels.
(12) Coal mines and related facilities.
(13) Production, processing, distribution, and storage facilities for perishable medicines and medical supplies, dairy products, meat, fish, poultry, eggs, produce, grain, breads, and livestock and poultry feed.
(14) Buildings and facilities, limited to protecting the physical plant and structure, appurtenances, equipment, product inventories, raw materials, livestock, and other real or personal property.
(15) Such other similar facilities as may be determined by the commission to be a priority use.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 08/20/2012 and 11/30/2016
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4935.03
Rule Amplifies: 4935.03
Prior Effective Dates: 6/24/78, 2/1/80, 7/2/82, 4/16/1987, 2/22/2010