As used in this chapter:
(A) "Bulk electric system" means facilities and control systems necessary for operating an interconnected electric energy transmission network, one hundred kilovolts or higher, and any underlying transmission system that could limit or supplement the operation of the higher voltage transmission systems.
(B) "Commission" means the public utilities commission of Ohio.
(C) "Critical situation" means an anticipated or existing shortage in the supply of electric energy, or constraint in the transmission, distribution, or generation of electrical energy, which has adversely affected, or is likely to adversely affect, the operation or reliability of transmission, distribution, or generation facilities.
(E) "Electric entity" means any electric light company, supplier subject to certification under section 4928.08 of the Revised Code, electric power utility that is owned by a municipal corporation or not for profit, or electric power producer or marketer, as enumerated in division (A)(3) of section 4935.03 of the Revised Code.
(F) "Essential consumers" means the following consumers of an electric distribution utility:
(1) Hospitals and emergency care facilities, each of which provides medical care and performs in-patient procedures.
(2) Prisons and governmental detention institutions.
(3) Fire and police stations, Ohio national guard facilities, military bases, and federal facilities essential to the national defense.
(4) Any consumer on a medical or life-support system who has provided appropriate documentation to the electric distribution utility that an interruption of service would be immediately life-threatening.
(5) Radio and television stations used to transmit emergency messages and public information broadcasts relating to emergencies.
(6) Water pumping plants essential to the supply of potable water to a community.
(7) Sewage plants essential to the collection, treatment, and disposal of a community's sewage, except lift stations.
(8) Emergency management and response facilities and the countywide "911" system.
(9) Blood banks.
(G) "Municipal or cooperative" means any municipal electric utility, as defined in division (A) of section 4928.01 of the Revised Code, or any electric cooperative, as defined in division (A) of section 4928.01 of the Revised Code.