(A) An applicant for a certificate to site an electric power generating facility shall provide a project summary and overview of the proposed project. In general, the summary should be suitable as a reference for state and local governments and for the public. The summary and overview shall include the following:
(1) A statement explaining the general purpose of the facility.
(2) A description of the proposed facility.
(3) A description of the site selection process, including descriptions of the major alternatives considered.
(4) A discussion of the principal environmental and socioeconomic considerations of the preferred and alternate sites.
(5) An explanation of the project schedule (a bar chart is acceptable).
(B) Information filed by the applicant in response to the requirements of this section shall not be deemed responses to any other section of the application requirements.
(C) If the applicant has prepared the required hard copy maps using digital, geographically referenced data, an electronic copy of all such data, excluding data obtained by the applicant under a licensing agreement which prohibits distribution, shall be provided to the board staff on computer disk concurrent with submission of the application.
(D) If an applicant for a generation facility asserts that a particular requirement in this chapter is not applicable to the proposed facility, the applicant must provide an explanation why the requirement is not applicable. Further, an applicant for a generation facility which is not powered by coal, gas, natural gas, or wind shall provide in its application all relevant technological, financial, environmental, social, and ecological information that is generally known in the industry to be of potential concern for the particular type of facility proposed.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/10/2008 and 11/30/2013
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4906.03
Rule Amplifies: 4906.03 , 4906.06
Prior Effective Dates: 12/27/76, 7/7/80, 8/28/98, 12/15/03