(A) Project area site. Information on the location, major features, and the topographic, geologic, and hydrologic suitability of the proposed project area site and any proposed alternative project area site(s) shall be submitted by the applicant. If this information is derived from reference materials, it shall be derived from the best available and current reference materials. The applicant shall provide the following for each project area site alternative.
(1) Geography and topography. The applicant shall provide a map(s) of 1:24,000 scale containing a five-mile radius from the proposed facility and showing the following features:
(a) The proposed facility.
(b) Major population centers and geographic boundaries.
(c) Major transportation routes and utility corridors.
(d) Bodies of water which may be directly affected by the proposed facility.
(e) Topographic contours.
(f) Major institutions, parks, and recreational areas.
(g) Residential, commercial, and industrial buildings and installations.
(h) Air transportation facilities, existing or proposed.
(2) An aerial photograph containing a one-mile radius from the proposed facility, indicating the location of the proposed facility in relation to surface features.
(3) A map(s) of 1:12,000 scale of the project area site, showing the following existing features:
(a) Topographic contours.
(b) Existing vegetative cover.
(c) Land use and classifications.
(d) Individual structures and installations.
(e) Surface bodies of water.
(f) Water and gas wells.
(g) Vegetative cover that may be removed during construction.
(4) Geology and seismology. The applicant shall provide a map(s) of suitable scale and a corresponding cross-sectional view, showing the geological features of the proposed project area and the location of proposed test borings. The applicant shall also:
(a) Describe the suitability of the site geology and plans to remedy any inadequacies.
(b) Describe the suitability of soil for grading, compaction, and drainage, and describe plans to remedy any inadequacies.
(5) Hydrology and wind. The applicant shall:
(a) Provide the natural and the man-affected water budgets, including the ten-year mean and critical (lowest seven-day flow in ten years) surface flows and the mean and extreme water tables during the past ten years for each body of water likely to be directly affected by the proposed facility.
(b) Provide an analysis of the prospects of floods and high winds for the project area, including the probability of occurrences and likely consequences of various flood stages and wind velocities, and describe plans to mitigate any likely adverse consequences. Identify any portion of the proposed facility to be located in a one hundred-year flood plain area.
(c) Provide existing maps of aquifers which may be directly affected by the proposed facility.
(B) Layout and construction. The applicant shall provide information on the proposed layout and preparation of the proposed project area site and any proposed alternative project area site(s) and the description of proposed major structures and installations located thereon.
(1) Project area site activities. The applicant shall describe the proposed project area site preparation and reclamation operations, including:
(a) Test borings, including closure plans for such borings.
(b) Removal of vegetation.
(c) Grading and drainage provisions.
(d) Access roads.
(e) Removal and disposal of debris.
(f) Post-construction reclamation.
(2) Layout. The applicant shall supply a map(s) of 1:12,000 scale of the proposed wind-powered electric generation facility, showing the following features of the proposed (and existing) facility and associated facilities:
(a) Wind-powered electric generation turbines.
(b) Transformers and collection lines.
(c) Construction laydown area(s).
(d) Transmission lines.
(f) Transportation facilities and access roads.
(g) Security facilities.
(h) Grade elevations where modified during construction.
(i) Other pertinent installations.
(3) Structures. The applicant shall describe, in as much detail as is available at the time of submission of the application, all major proposed structures, including the following:
(a) Estimated overall dimensions.
(b) Construction materials.
(c) Color and texture of facing surfaces.
(d) Photographic interpretation or artist's pictorial sketches of the proposed facility from public vantage points within five miles of the proposed facility.
(e) Any unusual features.
(4) Plans for construction. The applicant shall describe the proposed construction sequence.
(5) Future plans. The applicant shall describe any plans for future additions of turbines to the proposed facility (including the type and timing) and the maximum electric capacity anticipated for the facility.
(1) Wind-powered electric generation equipment. The applicant shall describe the proposed major wind-powered electric generation equipment for the proposed project area and any proposed alternative project area(s).
(2) Safety equipment. The applicant shall describe:
(a) All proposed major public safety equipment.
(b) The reliability of the equipment.
(c) Turbine manufacturer's safety standards. Include a complete copy of the manufacturer's safety manual or similar document.
(3) The applicant shall describe any other major equipment not discussed in paragraphs (C)(2)(a) to (C)(2)(c) of this rule.
(D) Regional electric power system. The applicant shall provide the following information on interconnection of the facility to the regional electric power grid.
(1) Interconnection queue(s). The applicant shall provide the following information relating to its generation interconnection request:
(a) Name of queue.
(b) Web link of queue.
(c) Queue number.
(d) Queue date.
(2) System studies. The applicant shall provide system impact studies on its generation interconnection request. The studies shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
(a) Feasibility study.
(b) System impact study.