(A) The applicant shall conduct a site and route selection study prior to submitting an application for an electric power transmission line or gas pipeline, and associated facilities. The study shall be designed to evaluate all practicable sites, routes, and route segments for the proposed facility within the study area.
(1) The applicant shall provide a description of the study area, or the geographic boundaries of the area considered for development of the project, including the rationale for the selection.
(2) The applicant shall provide a map of suitable scale that depicts the boundary of the study area and all siting constraints and/or suitability analysis utilized for the study.
(3) The applicant shall provide a map of suitable scale that depicts the boundary of the study area and the routes, route segments, and sites which were evaluated.
(4) The applicant shall provide a comprehensive list and description of all qualitative and quantitative siting criteria utilized by the applicant, including any weighting values assigned to each.
(5) The applicant shall provide a description of the process by which the applicant utilized the siting criteria to determine the preferred and alternate routes and sites.
(6) The applicant shall provide a description of the routes and sites selected for evaluation, and the factors and rationale used by the applicant for selecting the preferred and alternate routes and sites.
(B) The applicant shall provide a summary table comparing the routes, route segments, and sites, utilizing the technical, financial, environmental, socioeconomic, and other factors identified in the study. Design and equipment alternatives shall be included where the use of such alternatives influenced the siting decision.
(C) The applicant shall describe all public involvement that was undertaken in the site/route selection process. The applicant shall provide a description of how many and what types of comments were received.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 11/30/2020
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4906.03
Rule Amplifies: 4906.03, 4906.04, 4906.06, 4906.10
Prior Effective Dates: 12/27/76, 11/6/78, 7/7/80, 7/7/88, 8/28/98, 12/15/03, 1/25/09