(A) The applicant shall provide a description of the project area's geography, topography, population centers, major industries, and landmarks.
(1) The applicant shall provide a map of not less than at least 1:24,000 scale, including the area one thousand feet on each side of a transmission line or pipeline alignment, and the area within one thousand feet of a substation site or compressor station site, which shall include the following features:
(a) The proposed transmission line or pipeline alignments.
(b) The proposed substation or compressor station site locations.
(c) Roads and railroads.
(d) Major institutions, parks, and recreational areas that are publicly identified and publicly owned.
(e) Existing gas pipeline and electric transmission line corridors.
(f) Named lakes, reservoirs, streams, canals, and rivers.
(g) Population centers and legal boundaries of cities, villages, townships, and counties.
(2) The applicant shall provide the area, in acres, of the proposed right-of-way for the facility, the length of the transmission line or pipeline, in miles, and the number of properties crossed by the facility.
(B) The applicant shall provide information on the facility layout for each route/site alternative, and a description of the installation methods as detailed in this rule.
(1) The applicant shall describe the proposed site clearing, construction methods, and reclamation operations, including:
(a) Surveying and soil testing.
(b) Grading and excavation.
(c) Construction of temporary and permanent access roads and trenches.
(d) Stringing of cable and/or laying of pipe.
(e) Installation of electric transmission line poles and structures, including foundations.
(f) Post-construction reclamation.
(2) The applicant shall provide the layout of facilities. The applicant shall:
(a) Provide a map of at least 1:12,000 scale of the transmission line or pipeline routes and associated facilities such as substations, compressor stations, and other stations, showing the following proposed features:
(i) Temporary and permanent access roads, staging areas, and laydown areas.
(ii) Proposed location of major structures, including transmission line poles and structures, and buildings.
(iii) Fenced-in or secured areas.
(b) Describe reasons for the proposed layout and any unusual features.
(c) Describe plans for any future modifications in the proposed layout, including the nature and approximate timing of contemplated changes.
(C) The applicant shall provide a description of the proposed transmission lines or pipelines, as well as switching, capacity, metering, safety, and other equipment pertinent to the operation of the proposed electric power transmission lines and gas pipelines and associated facilities. Include any provisions for future expansion.
(1) The applicant shall provide the following information for electric power transmission lines:
(a) Design voltage.
(b) Tower designs, pole structures, conductor size and number per phase, and insulator arrangement.
(c) Base and foundation design.
(d) Cable type and size, where underground.
(e) Other major equipment or special structures.
(2) The applicant shall provide a single-line diagram of electric power transmission substations and a description of the proposed major equipment, such as:
(c) Bus arrangement and structures.
(e) Control buildings.
(f) Other major equipment.
(3) The applicant shall describe the following for gas pipelines:
(a) Maximum allowable operating pressure.
(b) Pipe material.
(c) Pipe dimensions and specifications.
(d) Control buildings.
(e) Heaters, odorizers, and above-ground facilities.
(f) Any other major equipment.
Replaces: part of 4906-15-04
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 11/30/2020
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 4906.03
Rule Amplifies: 4906.03 , 4906.04, 4906.06, 4906.10
Prior Effective Dates: 12/27/76, 11/6/78, 7/7/80, 7/7/88, 8/28/98, 12/15/03, 1/25/09