(A) When an individual applies for supplemental security income (SSI) benefits, the social security administration (SSA) must inform the individual of the medicaid policy regarding transfer of resources and inquire whether or not the individual has transferred any resources
(B) The SSA obtains from all SSI applicants the following information regarding an alleged resource transfer and provides this information to the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS):
(1) A description of the resources transferred (e.g., real estate, automobile, stocks, cash, etc.);
(2) The name of the party to whom the resource was transferred;
(3) The amount of compensation received or expected;
(4) The approximate value of the transferred resource;
(5) The date the resource was transferred;
(6) Whether the applicant was the sole owner of the resource and, if not, the names of any co-owners;
(7) The relationship of the applicant, if any, to the individual to whom the resource was transferred.
(C) The ODJFS will forward the information to the county department of job and family services (CDJFS) in which the individual resides.
(D) The CDJFS will review the alleged transfer of resources and, if the individual is a medicaid applicant or recipient, determine or redetermine continued medicaid eligibility in accordance with Chapter 5101:1-39 of the Administrative Code.
(E) The CDJFS will provide appropriate notice of the medicaid determination to the applicant in accordance with Chapter 5101:6-2 of the Administrative Code, and document in CRIS-E running record comments (CLRC) the effect, if any, on medicaid eligibility.