(A) What is the residency requirement?
(1) An individual must be physically present in the state of Ohio with the intent to remain.
(2) An individual must apply for and receive assistance from the county in which he or she resides.
(3) Absence from the county for more than thirty days constitutes evidence of intent to establish residence elsewhere, unless a written statement has been submitted to indicate intent to return to the county, the reason for the absence and the expected date of return.
(B) What are the citizenship status requirements?
Rules 5101:1-2-30, 5101:1-2- 30.1, 5101:1-2- 30.2, 5101:1-2- 30.3 and 5101:1-2-35 of the Administrative Code, regarding citizenship and sponsored aliens, are applicable for disability financial assistance (DFA).
(C) What is the living arrangement requirement?
The living arrangement requirement is met unless the individual resides in one of the following:
(1) County home;
(2) City infirmary;
(3) Jail; or
(4) Public institution.
(D) Can a child receive disability financial assistance ?
(1) A child who is emancipated may be eligible for DFA. Emancipation is established through marriage, service in the armed forces or through a court order. Emancipation is irrevocable, unless the marriage which emancipated the child is annulled.
(3) A minor is not eligible for DFA when the child does not live with parents, a guardian, or another individual standing in place of a parent who is at least eighteen years of age. Pregnant minors are subject to this requirement.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 04/17/2015 and 08/01/2020
Promulgated Under: 111.15
Statutory Authority: 5115.03
Rule Amplifies: 5115.03
Prior Effective Dates: 7/1/76, 10/10/83 (Temp), 12/22/83, 9/15/84 (Emer.), 12/15/84, 8/1/85 (Emer.), 10/17/85, 4/1/86, 1/1/89, 1/3/89 (Emer.), 4/1/89, 5/28/89, 4/1/90, 10/1/91 (Emer.), 12/20/91, 12/30/93 (Emer.), 3/18/94, 8/1/95 (Emer.), 10/30/95, 3/1/96 (Emer.), 5/30/96, 10/1/96 (Emer.), 12/15/96, 7/1/98, 7/1/99, 1/1/03, 7/1/03 (Emer.), 9/30/03, 7/1/05 (Emer.), 9/29/05, 11/1/07, 5/1/10