(A) "Military injury relief fund" (MIRF) means a fund created in the state treasury consisting of money contributed to it under section 5747.113 of the Revised Code and contributions made directly to it. Any person may contribute directly to the fund in addition to or independently of the income tax refund contribution system established in section 5747.113 of the Revised Code.
(B) "Eligible individual" means any individual who establishes that he/she is an Ohio resident at the time of application, and who provides the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) with "acceptable documentation of injury," as defined in paragraph (D) of this rule, to verify that he/she was injured while in active service as a member of the armed services of the United States while serving under "Operation Iraqi Freedom," "Operation New Dawn," or "Operation Enduring Freedom" and whose injury was incurred in the line of duty.
(C) Individuals who are permitted to apply on behalf of, and in lieu of, "eligible individuals" are the following:
(1) Executors and administrators of the estates of such "eligible individuals."
(2) Persons who have received validly executed powers of attorney from "eligible individuals" that authorize the actions required in this rule and rule 5101:10-2-02 of the Administrative Code.
(D) "Acceptable documentation of injury" means the following:
(1) Documentation of the awarding of the "Purple Heart" in accordance with, and pursuant to, applicable federal laws and regulations including, but not limited to, Title 10, Chapter 57 of the United States Code, and Chapter 32 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
(2) Documentation of a combat-related injury, along with documentation that the combat-related injury resulted in the awarding of a "Combat Infantryman Badge" (CIB), "Combat Action Ribbon" (CAR), or "Combat Action Badge" (CAB), or its equivalent.
(3) Documentation of a combat-related injury not covered by paragraph (D)(1) or (D)(2) of this rule, primarily including, but not limited to, traumatic brain injury, injury caused by detonation of an improvised explosive device (IED), or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Documentation of PTSD must include medical diagnosis.
(E) "Director" means director of ODJFS.
(F) "State fiscal year" means the period of July first of the current year and ending June thirtieth of the next year.