(A) In accordance with rule 5101:12-1-01 of the Administrative Code, the child support enforcement agency(CSEA) is required to provide support enforcement program services to a case for which it has administrative responsibility. In accordance with section 3125.36 of the Revised Code, a CSEA shall make available a IV-D application to any person requesting a CSEA's assistance to locate the non-custodial parent, establish a paternity or support order, or enforce or modify a support order.
(B) An individual who receives support enforcement program services is eligible for IV-D services when the individual is:
(1) A recipient of Ohio works first (OWF), medicaid, or Title IV-E foster care maintenance (FCM) benefits for whom an assignment is still in effect;
(2) A former recipient of OWF, medicaid, or FCM in whose case there are assigned arrears;
(3) A former recipient of OWF, medicaid, or FCM in whose case there are no assigned arrears and IV-D services have not been terminated; and
(4) An individual who has signed and filed an application for IV-D services that has been approved by a CSEA and IV-D services have not since been terminated.
(D) Due to restrictions in federal law, the following IV-D services shall only be provided to an individual who has been approved for IV-D services in accordance with this rule :
(1) Federal income tax refund offset submittals for the collection of support arrears;
(2) Withholding of unemployment compensation for the payment of support;
(3) Requests to the internal revenue service for the disclosure of taxpayer information for use in establishing and collecting support obligations;
(4) Requests to the U.S. department of treasury for the administrative offset of certain federal payments other than federal income tax refund offset for the collection of delinquent support; and
(5) Requests for certification to the U.S. district court when another state has failed to act on an Ohio support order.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/28/2011 and 12/01/2016
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 3125.25
Rule Amplifies: 3125.03, 3125.36
Prior Effective Dates: 8/1/82, 11/11/82, 7/1/83, 11/1/83, 1/1/84, 1/7/85, 1/9/86, 1/1/87 (Emer), 3/20/87, 12/1/87, 6/10/88, 7/15/88, 12/29/88, 4/1/89, 6/2/89, 9/1/89, 12/1/89, 4/1/90, 8/1/90, 10/1/90, 4/1/91, 11/1/91, 4/1/92, 8/1/92, 7/1/96, 10/1/96, 12/30/97, 2/22/02, 7/1/02, 4/18/03, 6/15/06