(A) Centers shall secure a fire inspection according to the provisions of section 3737.83 of the Revised Code and written approval from the state fire marshal or the local fire safety inspector for the municipality or township having jurisdiction according to section 3737.83 of the Revised Code.
(1) The written approval shall be documented by completion of the JFS 01303 "Fire Inspection Report for Child Care Centers and Type A Homes" (rev. 7/2010) or the form used by the state fire marshal.
(2) The inspection and report shall be completed by the state fire marshal or the local fire safety inspector for the municipality or township having jurisdiction.
(3) The center shall comply with any stipulations or limitations documented on the JFS 01303 or the form used by the state fire marshal.
(B) Fire inspection and approval shall be obtained in the following circumstances:
(1) Upon initial application for licensure or any time a center relocates.
(2) Annually at least once within each twelve months from the date of the last fire approval report.
(4) Prior to caring for infants and nonambulatory children of any age other than on the first floor of a building.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 06/23/2015 and 11/22/2020
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5104.015, 5104.051, 5104.05
Rule Amplifies: 5104.05 , 5104.051
Prior Effective Dates: 3/1/81, 6/1/84, 9/1/86, 1/2/92 (Emer.), 4/1/92, 4/1/03, 9/1/05, 9/1/07, 7/1/10, 9/29/11