(A) Centers shall secure a fire inspection according to the provisions of section 3737.83 of the Revised Code and written approval from the state fire marshal or the local fire safety inspector for the municipality or township having jurisdiction according to section 3737.83 of the Revised Code. The written approval shall be documented by completion of the JFS 01303 "Fire Inspection Report" (rev. 7/2010) or the form used by the state fire marshal. The inspection and report shall be completed by the state fire marshal or the local fire safety inspector for the municipality or township having jurisdiction. The center shall abide by any stipulations or limitations documented on the JFS 01303 or the form used by the state fire marshal.
(B) Fire inspection and approval shall be obtained in the following circumstances:
(1) Upon initial application for licensure or any time a center relocates .
(2) Annually at least once within each twelve months from the date of the last fire approval report .
(3) At the time of any major modification, major repair or alteration of any existing structure presently being used for child care .
(4) Prior to the use of any parts of the structure not previously inspected and approved for use for child care as required by rule 5101:2-12-10 of the Administrative Code .
(5) Prior to caring for infants and nonambulatory children of any age other than on the first floor of a building.
(C) Failure to comply with the provisions of this rule shall be grounds for refusal to license, or for revocation of a license. All such actions of the department shall be in conformity with Chapter 119. of the Revised Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 07/01/2015
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5104.011 , 5104.051 , 5104.05
Rule Amplifies: 5104.05 , 5104.051
Prior Effective Dates: 3/1/81, 6/1/84, 9/1/86, 1/2/92 (Emer.), 4/1/92, 4/1/03, 9/1/05, 9/1/07, 7/1/10