(A) What are the programming requirements for a licensed child care center?
The requirements include:
(1) Posting the daily schedule for each age group in each classroom.
(2) Providing opportunities for both quiet and active play suitable to the developmental levels and abilities of each child in care.
(3) Providing activities to promote the children's physical, social-emotional, cognitive and language development.
(4) Providing opportunities for periods of child initiated activities such as, imaginative play, language development, and creative activities.
(5) Providing outdoor play in suitable weather for any infant over twelve months of age, toddler, preschool, and school-age child in attendance four or more consecutive daylight hours. Suitable weather is at a minimum of twenty-five to ninety degrees Fahrenheit.
(6) Indoor gross motor play such as, climbing, jumping, running, riding wheel toys, yoga, other physical fitness or music and movement on days when outdoor play is not provided.
(B) What materials and equipment are required for a licensed child care center?
The center shall:
(1) Provide durable furniture such as tables and chairs. This furniture shall be child sized or safely adapted for use by children.
(2) Provide developmentally appropriate play materials to be used as part of the daily schedule. These materials shall be readily accessible, and arranged in an orderly manner so that children have opportunities to select, remove, and replace play materials with minimal assistance during the day.
(a) The center shall have materials from each category in appendix A to this rule for infants, toddlers and preschool-age children.
(b) The center shall have materials from at least five of the nine categories in appendix A to this rule for school-age children.
(3) Ensure that equipment, materials, and furnishings provided for both indoor and outdoor play are:
(a) Varied and adequate to meet the developmental needs of the children.
(b) Sufficient that each child can be actively involved in an activity.
(4) Designate an area where children can individually store their personal belongings. This area shall not block walkways or evacuation routes.
(5) Designate an area for quiet activities.
Five Year Review (FYR) Dates: 12/31/2021
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5104.015
Rule Amplifies: 5104.015
Prior Effective Dates: 3/1/81, 2/8/82, 6/1/84, 9/1/86, 1/2/92 (Emer.), 4/1/92, 4/1/03, 9/1/05, 11/22/15