(A) The driver for all trips shall meet all of the following requirements:
(1) Drivers who are used in the staff/child ratio or are employees of the center must meet the following requirements:
(a) Be at least eighteen years old.
(b) Hold a currently valid driver's license required for the vehicle driven in accordance with Ohio law.
(i) A copy of each driver's current driver's license shall be kept on file at the center.
(ii) The administrator is responsible for assuring that the copy of the driver's license on file is kept current.
(c) Be free from the influence of any substance which could impair driving abilities.
(2) For drivers who are not used in the staff/child ratios and who are not employees of the center the administrator shall secure and keep on file at the center a JFS 01266 "Contracted Driver Qualification Statement for Child Care Centers and Type A Homes" (9/2011) that has been completed at least annually by the driver's employer.
(B) All drivers who are employees of the center shall be trained according to paragraph (C) of this rule. When the driver is not an employee of the center there shall be at least one trained child care staff member present on the vehicle when children are transported. Training shall be completed prior to the driver assuming driving duties.
(1) A trained child care staff member is not required in the vehicle on field trips when parents are providing the transportation.
(2) A trained child care staff member is not required when public transportation is being utilized or the school district is providing transportation to or from the center.
(C) Training shall be completed prior to the driver assuming driving duties and meet the following requirements:
(1) The training shall utilize the curriculum developed by the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) and shall include:
(a) The proper weekly safety inspection of the vehicle set forth in paragraphs (C)(1) to (C)(5) of rule 5101:2-12-18.1 of the Administrative Code.
(b) The proper use of child safety restraints per national highway traffic safety administration (NHTSA) recommendations as referenced in appendix A to rule 5101:2-12-18 of the Administrative Code.
(c) The proper procedures for loading, unloading and recording attendance of children being transported as stated in rule 5101:2-12-18 of the Administrative Code.
(d) The proper procedures for evacuation drills in the vehicle as required in rule 5101:2-12-18.1 of the Administrative Code.
(e) The developmentally appropriate practices applicable to the behavior management of children during transportation as limited by rule 5101:2-12-22 of the Administrative Code.
(2) This training for transportation shall be completed at least annually for all drivers and any child care staff members who accompany drivers not employed by the center who have not received the training.
(3) This training shall be documented and kept on file at the center in the employee's file for review by ODJFS.