(A) The driver for all trips shall meet all of the following requirements:
(1) Drivers who are used in the staff/child ratio or are employees of the type A home must meet the following requirements:
(a) Be at least eighteen years old.
(b) Hold a currently valid driver's license required for the vehicle driven in accordance with Ohio law.
(i) A copy of each driver's current driver's license shall be kept on file at the home.
(ii) The administrator is responsible for assuring that the copy of the driver's license on file is kept current.
(c) Not be under the influence of any substance which could impair driving abilities.
(2) For drivers who are not used in the staff/child ratio and who are not employees of the type A home the administrator shall secure a JFS 01266 "Contracted Driver Qualification Statement" (9/2011) that has been completed at least annually by the driver's employer .
(B) Training shall be completed prior to the driver assuming driving duties and the training shall meet all of the following requirements.
(1) The curriculum for this training shall be developed by the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) and shall include:
(a) The proper weekly safety inspection of the vehicle set forth in paragraphs (D)(1) to (D)(5) of rule 5101:2-13-18.1 of the Administrative Code.
(b) The proper use of child safety restraints per national highway transportation safety administration (NHTSA) recommendations as referenced in appendix A to rule 5101:2-13-18 of the Administrative Code.
(c) The proper procedures for loading/unloading and recording attendance of children being transported as stated in rule 5101:2-13-18 of the Administrative Code.
(d) The proper procedures for evacuation drills in the vehicle as required in rule 5101: 2-13- 18.1 of the Administrative Code.
(e) The developmentally appropriate practices applicable to the behavior management of children during transportation as limited by rule 5101:2-13-22 of the Administrative Code.
(2) This training for transportation shall be completed at least annually for all drivers and any child care staff members who accompany drivers who have not received the training.
(3) This training shall be provided by the administrator or designee.
(4) This training shall be documented and kept on file in the employees file for review by ODJFS.