(A) The county department of job and family services (CDJFS) shall accept a complete application for certification as a type B home or in-home aide from providers who will serve families that are eligible for publicly funded child care. The CDJFS shall approve or deny these applications within one hundred twenty calendar days of receipt of the complete application.
(B) The CDJFS shall assure that all individuals that are contracted with or employed by the CDJFS to inspect or investigate type B homes are trained using the curriculum provided by the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS).
(1) The training shall be documented using the form included with the curriculum. Documentation shall be maintained on file at the CDJFS and available for review. The documentation shall remain on file for at least three years after the individual is no longer conducting inspections or investigations of type B homes.
(2) The training shall be completed prior to the individual conducting inspections or investigations.
(3) Individuals conducting inspections or investigations prior to the effective date of this rule shall complete the training within one year of the curriculum being released.
(4) When the curriculum is revised the CDJFS shall document that all individuals conducting inspections or investigations have reviewed the revised materials or have completed the training again.
(C) The CDJFS shall maintain a case file on all certified providers and shall retain provider records according to the county retention schedule.
(D) The CDJFS shall:
(1) Submit all additional requirements in writing to the ODJFS, bureau of child care and development for approval prior to implementation. Each approval shall be valid for two years. ODJFS shall notify the CDJFS of its determination within thirty days of receipt of the request.
(2) Notify all providers and applicants of the additional requirements, upon approval.
(3) Make the requirements available in writing to the public upon request.
(E) The CDJFS shall submit all requests for form modifications which exceed the form requirements to ODJFS, bureau of child care and development for approval prior to implementation.
(F) The CDJFS shall provide a training of at least eight hours using the JFS 01750 "Health and Safety in Family Child Care" (rev. 7/2010) at least quarterly for certified type B home providers, in-home aides, and emergency and substitute caregivers. If there are no new providers that need this course, the CDJFS does not need to offer the training.
(G) The CDJFS shall provide or purchase, from a qualified trainer, a minimum of eighteen hours of training per year for certified providers on subjects contained in rule 5101:2-14-13 of the Administrative Code. The CDJFS may charge providers a nominal fee for participation in the training event provided that the aggregate amount does not exceed the cost of the event. All fees received must be reported on the JFS 02827"Monthly Financial Statement" (rev. 11/2000.) The CDJFS shall notify providers in advance of the scheduled training.
(H) The CDJFS shall comply with all requirements set forth in Chapter 5104. of the Revised Code and Chapters 5101:2-14 and 5101:2-16 of the Administrative Code.
(I) The CDJFS may contract with a government entity or private nonprofit entity to inspect and certify type B home providers and in-home aides.
(J) The CDJFS shall provide paper or electronic copies of the rules proposed for Chapters 5101:2-14 and 5101:2-16 of the Administrative Code for each certified type B home provider and in-home aide at least thirty days prior to the date of the public hearing in accordance with section 5104.011 of the Revised Code. Prior to the effective date of the rule, the CDJFS shall provide each certified provider with a paper or electronic copy of the adopted rules for Chapters 5101:2-14 and 5101:2-16 of the Administrative Code.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 03/31/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5104.011
Rule Amplifies: 5104.011, 5104.013, 5104.11, 5104.12
Prior Effective Dates: 4/1/82, 5/20/83, 10/1/83, 9/1/86, 2/15/88, 5/1/89, 11/1/91 (Emer.), 1/20/92, 7/1/95, 3/15/96, 10/1/97 (Emer.), 12/30/97, 4/1/03, 8/14/08