(A) "Early care and education" means non-parental, supervised care from infancy through early adolescence, in all types of early care and education settings. Programs include environments in which children and youth spend time supervised by one or more adults other than a parent or permanent guardian. Early care and education programs include, but are not limited to: in-home care, type B homes, centers and preschools including head start, and school based programs.
(B) Child care resource and referral service organizations under contract/grant agreement with the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) shall:
(1) Support providers of early care and education in increasing the supply and quality of early care and education services.
(2) Assist families in accessing early care and education services that meet both the developmental needs of children and the employment-related needs of families.
(3) Support community involvement in improving the early care and education system.
(4) Provide ODJFS policy makers and community partners with reports and statistics on early care and education.
(C) Child care resource and referral service organizations under contract/grant agreement with ODJFS shall have the following qualifications:
(1) Be a community based, non-profit organization that does not provide direct child care services.
(2) Be a community based non-profit organization that has delivered early care and education services for at least three years.
(3) Be either best practice certified or best practice certified within twelve months from the initial contract start date.
(4) Be an organization that has as part of its mission the provision of services to all socio-economic groups.
(5) Be accessible and responsive to all families and early care and education programs in all counties of its service delivery area.
(6) Be competent in providing culturally appropriate services to the linguistic and ethnic groups in their communities.
(8) Employ staff with education, expertise or experience as required by ODJFS.
(9) Be capable of meeting the specific requirements as defined in the contract/grant agreement.
(D) Child care resource and referral service organizations under contract/grant agreement with ODJFS shall provide ODJFS with requests for payment, fiscal reports which include project budget summaries, budget revisions, and activity reports that identify services rendered by the child care resource and referral service organizations.
(E) Pending the availability of funds, ODJFS shall establish a contract/grant agreement with an existing statewide non-profit organization to:
(1) Develop and coordinate uniform data collection procedures between ODJFS and the child care resource and referral service organizations under contract/grant agreement with ODJFS.
(2) Provide technical assistance related to services specified in the ODJFS contract/grant agreement to child care resource and referral service organizations under contract/grant agreement with ODJFS and to local communities around the state.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 06/18/2008 and 06/30/2013
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5104.07
Rule Amplifies: 5104.07
Prior Effective Dates: 3/2/92, (Emer.), 7/30/92, 9/1/95, 1/1/99, 5/1/02, 7/1/03