(A) The Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) will pay eligible child care providers for publicly funded child care services provided to eligible caretakers.
(B) Providers are eligible for payment after they complete the provider agreement with ODJFS and have entered all required information in the provider portal. These required documents are located at: http://jfs.ohio.gov/cdc/CCIDS.stm.
(C) Border state child care providers.
(1) A child care provider in a border state that is licensed, certified, or otherwise approved by the border state to provide child care services may complete a provider agreement pursuant to paragraph (B) of this rule.
(2) A child care provider residing in a border state may be paid for providing publicly funded child care to an eligible child who resides in Ohio.
(3) Payment to a border state provider shall be the provider's customary charge or the payment rate for the county in which the eligible child resides, whichever is less.
(D) An eligible child care provider who provides child care services for a caretaker who is potentially eligible for publicly funded child care benefits shall be paid for child care services provided from the date the county department of job and family services (CDJFS) authorizes the child to the provider.
(E) A child care provider shall submit all data for the calculation of payments in accordance with instructions from ODJFS provided in the provider portal.
(F) Child care providers shall utilize the Ohio electronic child care (Ohio ECC) swipe card system in accordance with procedures outlined by ODJFS.
(G) Child care providers or a person acting in any capacity for the provider shall not possess or use an Ohio child care swipe card.
(H) Child care providers shall submit the JFS 01261 "Publicly Funded Child Care Manual Claim for Attendance" (rev. 2/2014) for attendance not recorded in the Ohio ECC system for the following reasons:
(1) Authorization made prior to the current back swipe period.
(2) A bureau of state hearings decision.
(3) The point of services (POS) device is not installed.
(4) A caretaker is awaiting a swipe card.
(5) A caretaker withdraws without notice.
(I) The child care provider shall submit the JFS 01261 no later than seven weeks from the week of service being submitted unless otherwise determined by the bureau of state hearings.
(J) The CDJFS shall reject the JFS 01261 for care provided during the current back swipe period.
(K) Child care providers shall submit the JFS 01292 "Publicly Funded Child Care Request for Ohio ECC Payment Adjustment" (rev. 2/2014) when a payment has been issued and needs to be corrected.
(1) The child care provider shall submit the JFS 01292 no later than seven weeks from the week of service unless otherwise determined by the bureau of state hearings.
(2) The total payment amount is subject to payment rules and procedures required by ODJFS.
(L) Payment for publicly funded child care services shall be contingent upon the availability and appropriation of state and federal funds.
(M) The provider agreement as entered into with ODJFS, may be terminated in accordance with the terms contained in the agreement.
(N) Providers of publicly funded child care with a valid provider agreement shall not be considered employees of ODJFS but shall be considered independent contractors who are responsible for the requirements of self-employment.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 02/11/2014 and 05/01/2019
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5104.30 , 5104.38
Rule Amplifies: 5104.32
Prior Effective Dates: 7/1/89 (Emer.), 9/28/89, 7/1/90 (Emer.), 9/30/90, 5/1/91 (Emer.), 7/29/91, 11/1/91 (Emer.), 1/20/92, 7/6/92 (Emer.), 10/1/92, 9/1/93, 10/1/97 (Emer.), 12/30/97, 6/10/00, 5/12/02, 7/1/03, 2/1/07, 2/1/08, 7/1/08, 10/21/09, 3/28/10 , 6/1/11