(A) What is the application process to establish or operate an approved child day camp?
The owner or owner's representative shall:
(1) Obtain accreditation by the American camp association (ACA) or any nationally recognized organization that accredits child day camps by using standards that the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) has determined are substantially similar and comparable to those of the ACA.
(2) Complete a professional registry profile for the child day camp owner through the Ohio professional registry (OPR) at https://login.occrra.org/opr.
(3) Complete the required pre-camp orientation training in the OPR. The orientation training shall have been taken within two years prior to the application date.
(5) Complete and submit the application for an approved child day camp online in the Ohio child licensing and quality system (OCLQS) at https://oclqs.force.com.
(a) The application is considered complete when the applicant has uploaded all documentation outlined in appendix A of this rule.
(b) The application must be completed by April fifteenth of the year the camp wishes to be approved to receive public funds. Completed applications received by ODJFS after April fifteenth may not be approved by the beginning of that summer.
(c) Any application submitted without complete and accurate information will need to be amended with complete and accurate information before being approved.
(6) Comply with an initial pre-approval inspection by ODJFS.
(B) How long is a child day camp approved?
A child day camp shall be approved until March fourteenth of the following year, unless one of the following occurs:
(2) The approved child day camp fails to maintain accreditation by the ACA or similar accrediting body approved by ODJFS.
(4) The approved child day camp notifies ODJFS in writing of its voluntary withdrawal from the approval process.
(C) What are the requirements once an approval has been issued?
At the time the child day camp receives its approval, the child day camp shall complete and submit a provider agreement and all information required pursuant to rule 5101:2-16-44 of the Administrative Code in the provider portal at http://jfs.ohio.gov/cdc/CCIDS.stm . This information shall be submitted before the first day publicly funded child care services are provided.
(D) What are the requirements to renew an approval for a child day camp?
(1) Prior to the expiration of the current approval period, the child day camp shall complete and submit an application and registration in OCLQS.
(2) Approvals shall be renewed without a pre-approval inspection unless:
(b) The child day camp changes ownership.
(c) The child day camp does not complete and submit an application and registration in OCLQS by March fifteenth of the following year.
(3) Approvals that have been renewed shall have at least one unannounced inspection by ODJFS per camp season.
(E) What if the child day camp loses its ACA accreditation or its accreditation by any nationally recognized organization that has been approved by ODJFS?
(1) The approved child day camp shall notify ODJFS within twenty-four hours of losing its accreditation.
(2) Approval shall be removed pursuant to paragraph (F) of this rule.
(F) What happens if approval is denied or removed by ODJFS?
(1) If ODJFS denies or removes an approval for non-compliance of section 5104.21 of the Revised Code, Chapter 5101:2-16 of the Administrative Code or Chapter 5101:2-18 of the Administrative Code, the child day camp may not provide publicly funded child care services.
(2) If an approval is removed, another approval shall not be issued to the owner of the child day camp until the child day camp complies with those sections and rules, or for a period of two years from the date the approval was removed, whichever period is longer.
(G) What information shall the child day camp keep current in OCLQS?
(1) Mailing address.
(2) Telephone number.
(3) Email address.
(4) Days and hours of operation.
(5) Services offered.
(6) Name of administrator.
(7) Name of program.
(H) What information shall the child day camp keep current in the provider portal?
Private pay rates shall be kept current in the provider portal.
(I) What if the individual listed as an owner on the JFS 00598 "Owner's Authorized Representative/Partnership Form for Child Care" (rev. 10/2015) changes?
The approved child day camp shall complete an updated JFS 00598 and submit online at https://oclqs.force.com within thirty days of the change.