(A) What are the training requirements for an approved child day camp?
(1) An approved child day camp shall have at least one staff member in each building or on grounds who can easily be contacted by any child or staff member during all hours of operation who is currently trained in the following (more than one person can be used to meet this requirement):
(a) First aid.
(b) Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) appropriate for school-age children.
(c) Management of communicable disease.
(2) Physicians, physician's assistants (PA), registered nurses (RN), advanced practice registered nurses (APRN) and certified nurse practitioners (CNP) employed by the camp are exempt from the first aid, CPR and management of communicable disease training requirement, but may be used to meet the first aid, CPR and management of communicable disease coverage requirement.
(3) Each administrator and child care staff member shall complete the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) one-hour child abuse overview, which is valid for two years. The overview shall be completed within thirty days of hire.
(B) What are the ongoing professional development training requirements for the administrator and lead counselors?
Complete a minimum of five clock hours of professional development training each fiscal year in any of the categories approved by the American camp association (ACA) or similar camp accrediting body approved by ODJFS. The fiscal year is defined as July first through June thirtieth.
(C) What verification is needed on file at the approved child day camp to document the completed training?
(1) The trainings shall be documented by one of the following:
(a) Verification from the Ohio professional registry (OPR).
(b) Training cards issued by organizations approved by ODJFS or the ACA or similar camp accrediting body approved by ODJFS for first aid, CPR or prevention, recognition and management of communicable disease.
(c) The JFS 01276 "Health Training Documentation for Child Care" (rev. 12/2016).
(2) The on-going professional development shall be documented by one of the following:
(a) Verification from OPR.
(b) Transcript of completion of college courses from an accredited university, college or technical college.
(i) One quarter credit hour equals ten clock hours of training.
(ii) One semester credit hour equals fifteen clock hours of training.
(c) Certificates indicating continuing education units (CEU). One CEU equals ten clock hours of training.
(d) Certificates issued by ACA or a similar camp accrediting body approved by ODJFS.
(e) The JFS 01307 "Professional Development Documentation for Child Care" (rev. 12/2016).
(f) Certificates issued by Ohio child welfare training centers.
(3) An approved child day camp administrator or owner shall, within five business days, provide current staff with copies of their training documentation upon request or upon separation from employment for any records not verified in the OPR.