(A) Each county department of job and family services (CDJFS) shall complete an annual JFS 01821 "Title XX County Profile" (rev.12/2012) and submit to the Ohio department of job and family services by January thirty-first. ( ) ( . / ) . ,
(1) The county profile must identify the Title XX social services to be provided during the federal fiscal year, October first to September thirtieth of the upcoming year(s).
(2) Profiles submitted to ODJFS must contain the signature of approval by the CDJFS' director and county commissioner(s) or designee, and the date and location of the public hearing pursuant to paragraphs (C) to (F) of this rule.
(3) If the CDJFS has altered the original profile submitted in January, the CDJFS shall submit to ODJFS, an amended profile that has been approved by the county commissioner or designee by the end of May.
(4) The original and amended profile shall be submitted electronically to the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) mailbox: OFC_SSBG_Title_XX_County_Profile_Reports.
(5) The CDJFS must maintain the original and all amended county profile(s) with signature(s) on file to present at a state hearing upon request or in the event of an inquiry.
(B) The JFS 01821shall include the services to be provided and for each service the estimated unduplicated number of persons to be served and estimated total expenditures including state, federal and local dollars. The county chooses the service(s) it wishes to offer from a catalogue of Title XX services listed on the county profile , but each profile must include at least one service directed at each of the following five program goals. Each individual can be counted no more than once in any service category. The count is to include primary consumers and individuals authorized to receive the service on behalf of a primary consumer. The five national goals for Title XX are:
(1) Achieving or maintaining economic self-support to prevent, reduce, or eliminate dependency.
(2) Achieving or maintaining self-sufficiency including reduction or prevention of dependency.
(3) Preventing or remedying neglect, abuse or exploitation of children or adults unable to protect their own interest or preserving, rehabilitating or reuniting families.
(4) Preventing or reducing inappropriate institutional care by providing for community-based care, home-based care or other forms of less intensive care.
(5) Securing referral or admission for institutional care when other forms of care are not appropriate or providing services to individuals in institutions.
(C) The CDJFS planning committee designated by the county commissioners shall conduct a public hearing on the initial county profile prior to its publication and make a record of the proceedings from which a transcript can be made. A public notice of the hearing shall be published in a newspaper of general circulation before such hearing is held. Comments and recommendations received from the public, as a result of the hearing, should be taken into consideration for the final county profile.
(D) Each CDJFS shall forward electronically a summary of the comments made at the public hearing on the proposed county profile to ODJFS, by the second week of May.
(E) This paragraph applies to all Title XX services except for child care services which are set forth in Chapter 5101:2-16 of the Administrative Code.
(1) The only social services authorized for Title XX state and federal reimbursement are those which are included in the county profile and for which standard service definitions have been published in the "Comprehensive Title XX Social Services Plan" (CTXXSSP).
(2) Social services identified in the county profile shall comply with the definitions and requirements contained in Chapter 5101:2-25 of the Administrative Code.
(F) The CDJFS may amend its final county profile after the final CTXXSSP has become effective.
(1) The amended county profile must be signed and dated by the CDJFS director and board of county commissioners or their designee.
(2) The amended profile must include at least one service directed at each of the five program goals described in this rule.
(3) When amending the county profile, the CDJFS shall take into consideration the comments and recommendations received from the public hearing in accordance with paragraph (C) of this rule.
(4) The amended profile must be available for public review.
(5) The CDJFS shall keep the amended county profile on file to present at a state hearing when relevant or in the event of an inquiry.
(G) Each CDJFS may develop a "Title XX Needs Report" to substantiate the local county criteria utilized in the selection of Title XX services in the county profile. In the needs report, the CDJFS may address the local social service needs and Title XX services provided to resolve these needs. The provisions of such services must be financially feasible. The following topics may be included in the "Title XX Needs Report":
(1) The statement of needs; this is a description of social service needs to be addressed by Title XX funded services. The CDJFS may choose to use in its description of needs any or all of the categorically grouped needs listed below. The six groups of needs cover all Title XX reimbursable services.
(a) Abuse, neglect, exploitation.
(b) Family or individual health.
(c) Frail, impaired, elderly, handicapped.
(d) Unemployment, training, insufficient job skills.
(e) Family or individual dysfunction.
(2) The needs assessment source; this is for the social service needs listed in paragraph (G)(1) of this rule. The source of the information utilized to determine selection of the Title XX services may be identified.
(3) The services needed in the county; this may specify which Title XX service(s) shall be utilized to meet the grouped needs listed in paragraph (G)(1) of this rule.
(4) The population affected; this may identify the population group which is most in need of each service provided.
(H) If the CDJFS has developed a "Title XX Needs Report", the CDJFS shall:
(1) Make the "Title XX Needs Report" available for public review and comment.
(2) Submit electroncially to ODJFS one copy of the "Title XX Needs Report" with the county profile.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 05/01/2017
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5101.46
Rule Amplifies: 5101.46
Prior Effective Dates: 3/13/78, 7/1/78, 7/1/79, 7/1/80, 9/19/80, 10/1/82, 1/1/83, 8/30/83, 7/1/85 9(Emer.), 9/25/85, 7/1/86(Emer.), 9/25/86, 11/3/88, 10/1/90, 11/1/91(Emer.), 1/20/92, 6/1/95, 8/1/98, 1/1/04, 1/12/07, 5/31/12