(A) This rule applies to those public children services agencies (PCSA) in which the statewide automated child welfare information system (SACWIS) has not been fully implemented. "Fully implemented" means all functions that would have been entered into the family and children services information system (FACSIS) are now accessible to the agency through SACWIS. Those PCSAs in which SACWIS has been fully implemented shall adhere to rule 5101:2-33-70 of the Administrative Code.
(B) This rule applies to all private child placing agencies (PCPA), and private noncustodial agencies (PNA).
(C) All PCSAs, PCPAs, and PNAs shall report applicable children services information contained in this rule and any other information deemed necessary by the Ohio department of job and family services (ODJFS) and/or which is required by federal or state statute and/or Administrative Code rule. The information shall be submitted to FACSIS according to one of the following methods:
(1) Electronic file upload via a personal computer (PC) and modem.
(2) Tape transfer of data.
(3) Other reporting method as determined by ODJFS.
(D) All PCSAs or PCPAs shall report applicable independent living services information for young adults as described in rule 5101:2-42-19.2 of the Administrative Code, and any other information deemed necessary by ODJFS and/or required by federal or state statute and/or Administrative Code. The information shall be submitted to FACSIS according to one of the methods contained in this rule.
(E) Children services and independent living services data that must be reported on FACSIS by the PCSA includes, at minimum:
(1) Client/family registration information.
(2) Child abuse and neglect incident registration information, including disposition/case resolution.
(3) Case status information.
(4) Case plan, services, case review and court activity information.
(5) Custody and substitute care information.
(6) Eligibility criteria including financial, educational and medical support information.
(7) Ohio adoption photo listing (OAPL) information and other adoption -related information.
(8) Placement resource resources and licensing information.
(9) Children services related agency administrative and training activities.
(10) Data as required by 42 USC 679(1994) ; 45 CFR parts 1355, 1356 and 1357 as in effect on 11/16/2007 for the "Adoption and Foster Care Analysis and Reporting System" (AFCARS).
(11) Independent living services plan data, including updates as required in rule 5101:2-42-19 of the Administrative Code.
(12) Any other data identified by ODJFS as necessary to reflect current case, client, placement resources and licensing information, agency status or independent living status.
(F) The PCSA shall report, update as appropriate, and transmit to ODJFS each work day or as information becomes available, all applicable new or changed information required pursuant to paragraph (E) of this rule.
(G) Children services data that must be reported to ODJFS by a PCPA or a PNA includes:
(1) OAPL information.
(2) Foster home licensing information.
(3) Independent living services information.
(4) Foster home resource data as required by section 479 of the Social Security Act ( 42 USC 679 ); 45 CFR parts 1355, 1356 and 1357 for AFCARS.
(H) The PCPA or PNA shall report, update as appropriate, and transmit to ODJFS each work day or as information becomes available, all applicable new or changed information required pursuant to paragraph (G) of this rule.
(I) ODJFS may issue sanctions in accordance with section 5101.24 of the Revised Code which may result in the withholding of state and/or federal funding, if the PCSA fails to implement a corrective action plan to address identified areas of concern in reporting required information described in paragraph (E) of this rule to FACSIS.
(J) ODJFS may initiate sanctions as described in rule 5101:2-5-07 of the Administrative Code if a PCPA or PNA fails to implement a corrective action plan to address identified areas of concern in reporting required information described in paragraph (G) of this rule to ODJFS.
R.C. 119.032 review dates: 11/07/2007 and 11/12/2012
Promulgated Under: 119.03
Statutory Authority: 5101.141, 5103.03, 5103.16
Rule Amplifies: 2151.141, 2151.421
Prior Effective Dates: 8/1/98, 12/31/99, 11/12/02