(A) A public children services agency (PCSA) shall utilize the statewide automated child welfare information system (SACWIS) to conduct a search of child abuse or neglect reports for the purpose of a background check for any of the following:
(1) Child care certification, pursuant to rule 5101:2-33-21 of the Administrative Code.
(2) Foster care licensure, pursuant to Chapter 5101:2-5 of the Administrative Code.
(3) An adoption homestudy, pursuant to Chapter 5101:2-48 of the Administrative Code.
(B) The PCSA shall only consider reports that meet the following criteria when the information is being used for a background check in accordance with paragraph (A) of this rule:
(1) Substantiated reports where the subject of the search was the alleged perpetrator.
(2) Indicated reports where the subject of the search was the alleged perpetrator.
(C) The PCSA shall not consider any information pertaining to an unsubstantiated report.